Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Four more for the girls, because I didn't realize I left my lists looking so skewed:

Mara - which I like maybe a touch more than Miriam for sound, but has the same meaning.

Sephora - which is the Greek Biblical name for the Hebrew Tzipporah, and maybe easier for some people to say.

Yael - I also like Jael, but I grew up hearing Jael pronounced with a soft, y-sound J. Have more recently run into people saying it with a hard J, and that sounds too much like "jail" for me. Two syllables, yah-elle, please.

Judith - Judith is not particularly stylish right now nor getting much love. But I like Judith for its quiet class and polish. Judy is a bit sweet and rockabilly-retro, like Susie or Betty. But it's not cool like Jude is for the boys.

I'm really loving

~Lorelei ~ Clarissa~ Victoria~ Rose~ Miranda~ Faith~ Hope~Honor~ Eve~ Abigail~ Harriet~ Agatha ~Charlotte

Sebastian ~ Maxwell ~ Adam~ Oliver~ Hugo~ Theodore~ Luke~ Milo

Thanks for the suggestions; You've all given us a lot to think about! I copied & pasted all the names into a master list and we will see where it takes us.

One last question - do you think the biblical reference matters when is comes to using a name?

Example: I like the name Delilah, but when I mentioned it to my husband, he immediately mentioned her story and said it turned him off to the name.

My siblings and I all have Biblical names Bethany Joy, Sarah Anne and Jeremiah.......and unfortunately some Biblical names do get a bad rep (Jezebel?)

I really love all your names! Just out of curiousity, what are your other kids' names? I love Biblical names and am always looking for inspiration.

Boys
    Daniel
    Enoch
    Nathaniel
    Simon

Girls
    Bethany
    Delilah
    Hannah
    Judith
    Selah

ETA: I just saw your latest post and I do think it could be a good idea to take references into account. Even though I think Delilah sounds beautiful, I can see your husband's point.
    Mom of Phoebe Isobel

Current Loves:
    Eve | Cora | Sybil| Rachel |Tabitha

James | Gabriel | Ronan | Simon