Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Help With Biblical Baby Names

We are expecting a surprise #5, and would like to keep with our trend of using biblical names. We most likely will not find out the gender until delivery, so both boy and girl suggestions are needed. We are looking for names that are easy to recognize, but not the usual suspects.

Current names we've discussed: Abraham, Asher, Jonah, Phoebe, Miriam

Names we'd like to avoid: Jacob, Mark, Samuel, Elijah, Joshua, Adam, Noah, Rachel, Rebecca, Chloe

Middle name suggestions are also welcomed (our last name is two syllables).

Thanks!

I love Asher, it's on my list and I love Miriam! Those are great, under-used Biblical names in my opinion! I would definitely keep those two on your list. Also I would suggest Elias or Gabriel, too. Seth is a nice Biblical name as well.
    Mom to Cuyler Reese Holcomb and anxiously awaiting Avery Daniel Alexander in August 2013!

Girls: Claire Elisabeth Louisa, Sophia Adelaide Kate, Elise Madeleine Joy, Zoe Anneliese Jayne, Juliet Amelia Rose

Boys: Asher Morgan James, Morgan Everett Nathaniel, Weston Jude Elias, Gabriel

My favorite Biblical name is Naomi (although I prefer the Spanish version- Noemí). Beautiful name and meaning.

Other options:
    Abigail
    Tamar
    Isaac
    Reuben
    Judah (similar to Jonah, plus you can get to cute nn Jude)
    Ruth
    Leah
    Gideon
    Levi

Just a few of my favorites...
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Jael and Thaddeus nn Thad