How Would YOU Compromise?

1st poster posts a criteria for one spouse. 2nd poster answers with what they would name their child if this criteria were held by their spouse; how they would compromise to find a name they liked.

1st Poster: You're having a daughter. Spouse likes names like Lindsay, Brittany, Bethany, basically whatever was popular in 1980.

2nd Poster: I would name our daughter Samantha Jane. Samantha was made famous by Bewitched in the 60s and so it has the timeless, quirky quality I like in baby names.

You're having a boy. Spouse wants to name him after a Golden Age Movie Star, male or female.

Humphrey Bellamy. I love the rumpled, teddybear quality to Humphrey, and Bellamy is a family name that I would love to continue using (Humphrey Bogart and Ralph Bellamy).

You're having a girl, and your spouse wants to name them after their mother, Mary-Anne.
    Mary, Esther, Susanna, Nora, Camellia, Francesca, Dominica, Tilly, Bellamy, Gardenia, Pearl, Evangeline, Ida, Mabel, Yuki, Rose, Josephine, Arabella, Magnolia, Mirabelle, Theodora, Louisa, Raphaela.

Amias, Moses, Bellamy, Albert, Callahan, Quincy, Arthur, Bertie, Pello, Raphael, Frederick, Abraham, Gus, Charles, Patterson, Frank, George, Ezekiel.

Ooh, yay! I adore Mary and Anne combo-names, so this wouldn't be too hard. I would probably have to go with Anne-Persephone or Mary-Olive nn Molly.

You don't know the gender, but your spouse likes names that have a strong "u" sound in them.

I would suggest to him that we can use his preference for the name as long as the middle can be a family name.

The choices would be Juniper Mary for a girl or Julian Charles for a boy.

You are having twins and your spouse loves unisex names with nicknames that end in "y" or "ie".