Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raphael Loki Constantine Thomas

24 53.33%
  • Warren Loki Constantine Thomas

21 46.67%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Warren or Raphael

So after posting on here and getting a good amount of feedback, my husband and I decided that Loki needed to go back to the middle spot. While we know that he is more a misunderstood prankster who the gods often ask for help than the pure evil that Marvel portrays him to be, several people on her made the comment along the lines of "You can explain all that all you want and most people's only association is with the movie" and we agree. We can always call him Loki sometimes.

So now, we're debating 2 new names in the first spot. The options are:

Raphael Loki Constantine Thomas -- I really like it, and it makes me think of the Renaissance. Neither one of use cares too much about the double L's. My problems with it are the obvious nicknames. I HATE Rafe and Raph...my husband suggested Hail but I'm not sure it works.

Warren Loki Constantine Thomas -- I've loved Warren for a while now, but I'm unsure how it sounds with the other names on our list. I think it sounds a little more old manish than cool old fashioned. I don't think sib names fitting perfectly are a necessity, but it needs to fit a bit. I think it's very handsome though, my husband not too much. I like the nicknames Wen and Ren.

Which do you like?

For your consideration, the other names on the list are:

Damien
    Alexander
    Asher
    Persephone
    Guinevere
    Amelia
    Sylvana
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

While I quite obviously love the name Raphael, I think with Constantine you get a very strong Byzantine vibe. The florid polysyllabic Raphael + florid polysllabic Constantine is a little much, even with the crisp, short sound of Loki in the middle to soften things.

Warren is certainly an unexpected choice, but I think from a strict flow/metrical perspective Warren Loki Constantine T***** (2-2-3-2). I think it's quirky cool, and I think Warren on its own pairs well with your surname.

I know that Damien Quillon Frode has a great deal of meaning to the both of you, but if it's up for negotiation I like the sound of Warren Loki Constantine more.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

I much prefer Raphael to Warren, and I voted for Raphael, but the combo Raphael Loki Constantine is really a whole lot of name. I LOVE Raphael, but it needs something to tone it down a little in the middle, and Loki Constantine is not that. All three names are very big, if you know what I mean, and Warren is a bit simpler. Having said all that, I still prefer Raphael- it's just such a great name! I think Ray could work as a nickname Raphael, and that might make the combo a little more down-to-earth.

oh not Ray! I had a horribly abusive ex boyfriend named Ray and I just couldn't do that.

I do understand that all of them are big names but since all the names picked have some sort of significance, I can't and won't be changing the middles any time soon, but thank you! The bigness of all the names doesn't bother us too much as their middles.

Blade -- I always like the way you answer things. It gives me a very concise descriptions of your opinion. I also find Warren to be quirky and cool for nowadays, but next to the other names on my list, I almost feel it isn't enough :P

Thank you both! Would love more replies.
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Ooh, both good names. But Raphael Loki Constantin is amazing! Love love love it! I also like Loki in the first spot, I think it's cute, but I get what you're saying.