Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Hello,

i like Amadeus, but it does sound as a whole lot of name, and maybe a bit over the top? But on the other hand, if you and your dh love this name, then why not? It is your child.

I just saw your little girls name (love it), and thought i could give you some Hungarian boys name suggestions:
    Andor or Andras (from Andreas)
    Artur
    Balint (from valentinus)
    Gabriel (Strong man from god)
    Teodor (from Theodore, gift of god) or Todor

Regards!

It's fine as a first name : )
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Agree with Renrose I think it's fine as a fn

It's a lot! It was my favourite name when I was a kid, and I would call all the characters in my stories Amadeus, regardless of gender. I don't know why it's not quite clicking for me these days as a first, in the ways that names like Augustus, Julius -- hell, even Odysseus -- do. I think it might be the emphasis on that penultimate syllable? And the AY sound? If it were A-MAUD-ee-us, it would seem less extreme? Aeneas works for me because it has fewer syllables, so it's slightly less of a mouthful even with that big AY sound.

The truth is, there's no real reason not to have it as a first, especially if you adore it! For the record, Aeneas is wondrous, and it just makes me think of the Aeneid, doesn't remind me of a body part at all.

There is nothing wrong with Amadeus.
    The only alternative that I can think of that is incredibly similar is Amandus (Late Roman Name meaning "lovable, worthy of love". It's the masculine form of Amanda). In other languages it can also be: Amand or Amando.

(PS: I love the name Ambrose but I feel like that's much more difficult convince someone of than Amadeus. Good Luck!
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)