Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unique Sister Names

Hey! So I was reading the blog about "Names destined for Stardom" and there were some really great names that sparks some writing ideas!

So I'm thinking dystopian, in the future, kind of a thing, where *I think* the storyline is that there's a king(even though its the future) and he has 6 or 7 daughters. He dies and the kingdom is left to his daughters because there is no male in the family(he has no brothers, cousins, uncles...). So the sisters are forced to battle(to the death?) for the right to the throne. The story will be 1st person, with the youngest daughter telling it.

So...I need help figuring out how many sisters to make it interesting, and their names.

The main character's name will be Indigo, maybe nn Indi. She is 14 or 15 years old. She has dark brown hair that she always pulls into a bun, and deep blueish purple eyes(hence the name "Indigo"). She is often the forgotten child, but proves she is powerful.

Here are some names to match with the girls(add to the list if you want):
    Clover
    Lux
    Astoria
    Snow
    Calla
    Waverly
    Valentine
    Wisteria

The oldest sister has blonde hair and light blue eyes. She is the sensible, responsible sister. She is about 20 years old(keep in mind I don't know how many girls I want). For her I'm thinking Astoria...Thoughts?

The second oldest sister is around 19. She has curly black hair and fair skin. She is quiet and beautiful. I'm pretty much set on Snow for her.

The third oldest is fiery and abnoxious. She definitely thinks she will get the throne. She is about 18 years old. She has auburn hair and green eyes. I think Clover would fit her.

The fourth oldest is very close to Indigo. She is quiet, but should be seen as a threat to her older sisters. She is 17 and has dark brown hair and hazel eyes. Do you think Lux fits her?

The fifth oldest is free-spirited. She has long wavy brown hair and blue eyes. People don't take her too seriously. She would be around 16. I'm thinking Waverly.

The sixth(if there is one) would be strong and opinionated. She wouldn't get along with the third oldest at all. She would always pretend Indigo isn't there. I'm not sure about her name...Suggestions???

As you can see, I need lots of help and it would be appreciated! Any thoughts on my story are welcome too.
    Boys: Maxwell, Bennett, Oliver, Elliott and Archer.

Girls: Rose, Juliet, Aria, Cora and Scarlett

Sorry for any random spellings. I'm probably on my nook!

I really like all of your name choices. Astoria, Snow, Clover, and Indigo are perfect. Waverly would work as well; it's one of my favorite names. The only one I'm having trouble with is Lux. I just don't like the name and it's clashing with your description. Maybe Cyra or Celis might be a better choice.
    Teenage Name Geek & Author
    Novel Faves:
    Beauty is Blind:Aurelia Dawn, Briony Sage & Calista Rose; Damien Lysander
    Twice Upon a Time: Contenza "Connie" & Jensina "Jennie"
    Reality:
    GIRLS: Antonia Jude "Annie" Rosalind Briar "Lindy" Felicity Snow, Tabitha Belle, Briallen
    BOYS: Gabriel Kai, Sebastian Lawrence, Benedict Jotham, Lionel James, Nathaniel
    http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9792647

I agree with haili, I feel that Lux is more of a flashy, pretty-and-she-knows-it girl, whilst the character sounds lovely and gentle. I would suggest a soft, but a bit out there (to match the futuristic theme) nature name. From your list, I think Calla and Wisteria both fit. Some other suggestions are:

Dove
    Magnolia
    Lark
    Celestia
    Acacia
    Tulip
    Orchid
    Petal
    Gardenia
    Honey
    Sage
    Hyacinth
    Tansy

I love all the other choices, they're beautiful and match the characters perfectly. Regarding whether or not to add a seventh sister, I think it depends on where the focus of the story is, the sisters themselves or the actual battle for the throne. It may be confusing to have so many rivals for Indigo, but could also make the story more interesting. I think it would work out well either way.
    Last edited by taataysauce; September 29th, 2012 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks for your imput! I think I will only have six sisters, and the fourth will be Lark or Dove. Opinions on which one? And if I end up with seven sisters, the sixth will be Lux. Thoughts? Thanks again!

Any more thoughts?