Names Searched Right Now:
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Hi Kristy!

Aww how cool! Do you have any names picked out for your little girl? What are your boys names? They must be excited to have a little sister on the way!

xx
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

My children are: Aidan Mackenzie (m 11.5 years), Ava Dulcea (4.5 years), Remy Forrester (he died of SIDS), Mia Isobel (2 years next month!), and this one will be Gemma Hermione of course

Remy was the pregnancy with the family ruining names for me. It was actually their first opportunity to hear ideas ahead of time since I was decided on a boy name with Aidan, even though we thought he was going to be a girl, and with Ava her name wasn't decided until after she was born, my shortlist was Dulcea, Ava, and Mia and you can see they all got used The name I loved especially was Milo (prn as MEE-LOW) , and my entire family ripped it to shreds, then proceeded to hate every other name idea I came up with. Seriously a list that eventually totaled 50+ names! I got so bitter about it that I picked an entirely new name that had meaning to me and shared it with no one, not even my husband, until it was on the birth certificate! My husband was in Canada, and was sick as hell for weeks proceeding and including the birth so he really didn't give two craps about what name I used.

After that I learned how to say "As I recall YOU asked ME what name I picked out, I did not ask YOU for YOUR approval for MY baby name". Which sounds harsh but being as you have an opinionated mother I think you get where I'm coming from....you have to be firm and with no uncertain terms.
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncing Baby Boy: Tristan Ambrose * Ambrose Galahad* Gabriel Beauregard
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele * Fleur Josephine

Aww such lovely names, I especially love Ava Dulcea And Mackenzie I had considered myself for this baby...

I'm so sorry to hear about Remy. How heart breaking, and terrifying

For what its worth, I think Milo is cute - I prefer that pronounciation to My-Low which is how I would usually assume it was pronounced.

My mother is extremely opinionated - she seems to think she has a right to name this child herself! I think the problem comes from the fact that she isn't the biggest fan of my OH, and because Tyne is a name that is connected to him she is automatically dead against it! If she would just say she hates it and that was that, that would be more bearable but its the fact that she feels the need to tell everybody what name we are considering and then come back and tell me that they apparently said they hated it too! :/

I have learned never to reveal the name before the birth, I guess its harder to verbally bash a name when its associated with an actual baby rather than one not yet born :/
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

Quote Originally Posted by hayleyinwonderland View Post

I have learned never to reveal the name before the birth, I guess its harder to verbally bash a name when its associated with an actual baby rather than one not yet born :/
    People definitely hold their tongues a lot more once the baby is born. But, I'm not trying to tell you to NOT share your name, I'm just saying make sure you're ready to stand up for your choice before you do, and don't budge just because somebody else doesn't like it. Now I'm more stubborn so that nobody could ruin another name for me, but oh well. I didn't use Audrey or Milo but I did find names that I am head over heels in love with to this day so that's all that really matters in the end. Just use a name you love!

Oddly enough, and honestly I have no idea how I missed it before, but my best friend just had her second daughter and she named her Autumn Rayne. It's a little too strong on the nature names for my own tastes, but she would never had considered any of the names I used either lol. I did try to get her to spell it Raine too, haha! But it's really neat to see somebody else who loves that exact combo. I'll have to tell her, I'm sure it'll please the heck out her! I have to say though, that Bronwen Coralie is so freaking awesome. I also like Bryony Rose, and I adore Wren!
    Not so done having children after all. We're not ready for TTC quite yet but when we do get pregnant,the husband handed sole naming rights over to his name obsessed wife!

Bouncing Baby Boy: Tristan Ambrose * Ambrose Galahad* Gabriel Beauregard
    Little Lady: Genevieve Claire * Josephine Adele * Fleur Josephine

Hi! I'm not pregnant but my cousin is due late April. I'm so excited! We go Wednesday (the 5th) to learn the sex. Everyone says they think its a girl, but that kind of thing makes me wonder if its really a boy. Lol. She had terrible, terrible morning sickness her first trimester and part of the second. It's pretty much over now tho. Congrats to you all who are expecting!!