Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Mackenzie William

I don't know about Tyne- I grew up partly in the NE and have spent a few years in the South as an adult; much as I love Northumberland, County Durham, and Newcastle (and I do, it is my very favourite part of the world), I'm not sure how well it would go over in the rest of the UK. A surprising number of people are prejudiced against the north in weird ways- despite the fact the pits have been closed for 20 years, a truly astounding number of my Londoner friends (born after the strikes!) think of Newcastle as a post-industrial wasteland, and would associate 'Tyne' with grubby coal trains and the drunk teenagers of Byker Grove/Geordie Shore and Daily Mail headlines (more fool them). Tyne, I think, would be safer as a middle, given that people our age will be the ones hiring your son in 20 years' time. Sad but true.

I've posted this before, but Mackenzie Bede used to be one of my favourite names for a boy- Bede in honour of Durham

Other names strongly associated with Northumberland, Durham, and Tyne and Wear: Bede, Hadrian, Oswald, Cuthbert, Aidan, Neville, plus lots of great place names

Excellent points raised above. Tyne, paradoxically, might work better in the US.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

Maple-Blythe - I know what you mean about southerners and the North, but tbh I SO dont care. I am a FIERCELY proud Northerner (I'm from Liverpool, Partner is from Gateshead) and we live in Devon - I would just LOVE anybody to make any mention to me of any bad associations with the North, I would be SO up for that argument

I like the idea of a name linking our Northern roots with this baby, as it bothers me that it won't be raised there - we considered the name Lennon to link it to my Liverpool roots but my partner, sadly, is not a big John Lennon fan.

xx
    Hi! I'm Hayley

Currrent Favourite Names:

Malin Winter ~ Cadence Louisa ~ Bryony Rose ~ Bronwen Coralie ~ Autumn Raine ~ Lakyn Wren ~ Temperance Rae ~ Tierney Dot ~

Tyne William Henry ~ Macaulay ~ Lorne ~ Tiernan ~ Logan ~ Lane ~ Deacon ~ Regan ~ [I]

Check out my honest blog on the highs & lows of pregnancy - Sparkles & Stretchmarks

I quite like Tyne. As noted above, there is a semi-famous actress here in the US named Tyne Daly, but she is th eonly person that I've neard of with this name.

Most Mackenzies in the US are women, but there are a few men. (e.g. Actor Mackenzie Astin)

I've never heard of Kylan, so I can't really comment on its connotation.

To be honest I can see that you have thought hard about the names you have listed but there is nothing unusual about Kylan and Mackenzie. Both are extremely chavvy names, the latter, Mackenize a little dated too.

I know of 3 baby Kylan's and several little Rylan's. These types of names are very trendy right now, other would include Caelan, Jaylan etc. I would stay away from this type of name.

Tyne is interesting. I wouldn't consider it personally but it has significance to you. Tyne William Henry flows really well and if it is out of these three names then it it definitely my favourite.