Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lovejoy, Hopestill, Makepeace and friends!

I've recently come across a fair selection of new names in this category (I'm not sure what to call that category, but still)
    Fairlight, Meriwether, Makepeace, Loveday, even Lightfoot are on my list, but I have a sudden desire to dig up some more to add to them.
    Can you wonderful nameberries help a girl out here?
    I think they make wonderfully unexpected middle names and I want as many of them as I can without just creating them off the top of my head. I realise a lot of these are surnames, but my knowledge of English surnames is poor, and I have never met a single person with any such name in my life so I have no idea where to begin!

Also, if you happen to have any fun and unusual word/virtue/animal/plant names up your sleeve, I would love to hear those as well, and unusual surnames are most welcome as well, but they're somehow a bit easier to come by, although I do face challenges daily trying to figure out why Hennessy isn't the best choice and such (and that one was a bummer)...

Thank you so much for any help and otherworldy suggestions. Any and all help is much appreciated! <3
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Emerence + Eulalie + Everild + Flora + Helena + Leonor + Louisa + Nimue + Ophelia + Rosalind
    Balthasar + Edmund + Emmanuel + Emrys + Ignatius + Isidor + Leonidas + Oberon + Valentine

Want to help me with my lists?
    GIRLS
    BOYS

Bloom + Blythe + Evening + Mercy + Vesper + Briar + Boone + Forest + Hawthorn + Prosper

Re: Lovejoy, Hopestill, Makepeace and friends!

I don't have anything to contribute, just wanted to say that this a great thread and I can't wait to see what people say!

In my family tree there is the surname Bliss, which I think is fantastic. One person in that family was named Experience. Experience Bliss!
    Proud mama to two sweet boys:

Dashiell David Rowe
    and
    Flynn William Warfield

"Real babies are more difficult than ideas of babies... Or even pictures of babies."
    -James Franco

I've always had a soft spot for "virtue" or "Puritan" names and Lovejoy, Hopestill and Makepeace happen to be three of my secret loves. I love the pp's ancestor's name, Experience Bliss! What a gem! Here are some other suggestions with my faves in bold.
    Solace or Comfort
    Amity
    Answer
    Arcadia
    Clarity
    Divinity
    Ethereal
    Faith
    Felicity
    Forever
    Fortune
    Genesis
    Grace
    Guide
    Guardian
    Harmony
    Honor
    Imagine
    Justice
    Liberty
    Mercy
    Miracle
    Patience
    Prudence
    Peace
    Promise
    Remember
    Serenity
    Spirit
    Temperance
    Trinity
    Truth
    Unity
    Wisdom
    Affinity
    Endeavor
    Eternal
    Integrity
    Memory
    Pleasance
    Simplicity
    Steadfast
    Praise
    Resolved
    Thankful
    Constance
    Piety
    Farewell
    Forsaken (I don't think this is a good option)
    Verity
    Clemency
    Obedience
    Humility
    Deliverance
    Beloved
    Providence
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Lovejoy is a surname several generations back in my family, along with Estelle, Benton and Walker. Hoping to use one of these as a middle name someday!

Lovelace, Fairfax maybe?