Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Unique Names

Question Unique Names

My neighbor had her twins yesterday and she named them Tambry & Hatcher....

Tambry (TAM-bree) is a girl and Hatcher is a boy.

WDYT?

They're definitely nms, but I sort of like Tambry because its not too crazy and its unique! But Hatcher I'm not really liking so much... I think I like the idea of it more than I actually like the name. To me it just sounds like what you'd call something that hatches eggs... a hatcher... Lol.

Your opinions?
    Last edited by gracelawler; October 7th, 2012 at 12:15 PM.

Tambry sounds like a knock-off Toyota, sorry. It doesn't look feminine, I can't figure out where that T came from (amber+emery = ambry, but Tambry?). And I quite agree with you on Hatcher. I think she was trying to jump onto the occupational surname trend while still being unique, but didn't quite hit the mark. I do think Hatcher nn Hatch is kind of fun, though.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq

I like Tambry a Little more than most people on here probably will. I don't love it and it's Def. nms, but one of my friends recently had a Kambri. And, I'm so used to her name now, it's definitely paved the way for me to be more open to the sound of similar names. But, I'm on the flip side of Hatcher. I really like that one. Though my experience with it is the ln of one of my former, favorite HS teachers. I have a Really good connection to the name already. And ln to fn slot is so popular, I'm really digging Hatcher for a boy's fn.
    Stephanie Nicole
    Mother Of:
    Conor Alexander (2 in Jan)
    Cormac Sebastian (infant)
    Cordelia Janemarie (infant)