Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Violet

I agree with @blade for a teenager I think Violet is quite perfect - very few girls were given the name back then but because it's a historically acknowledged name nobody would think twice about it.
    ...if my husbands has no vote, then....
    Endora & Lorelei / Dexter & Gideon
    ...we are newlyweds and not trying...yet...

I love it, obviously. She was named aftery husband, his favorite color is purple and Violet was my favorite version of the color purple for a name. It is probably the most common of my kids names (Sebastian is higher on the ssa chart, but IRL I have met more violets), but it fits her and I love the meaning. We actually call her Vio as a nn.

Anyways, I love it. And it ages well, classes up and dresses down and earthy.
    Married to my love since August 2001
    --—————————————
    My lovely bunch of coconuts;
    Sebastian Elihu (7/02)
    Bronwen Eliza (2/04)
    Linus Ezra Graham (9/06)
    Violet Leona (1/09) and
    Wolfgang Levi (3/13)
    Always missing our Felix Emmanuel (10/10-10/10)

I love Violet. It isn't too common yet (and certainly not in your age group) and, to me, it has a film noir heroine feel to it - vintage, but sassy.
    Mother to Mannix James and Violet Emmeline
    Name list: A work in progress...

If this baby is a girl we're naming her Violet. I've never met one in real life and I doubt we'll get any eye-rolls when we announce her name. It's a sweet spunky name and I love it.
    Happily awaiting the arrival of our second baby, Graham Fox or Violet Isadora, this January!