Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Violet

Thanks guys! I do agree that it seems to be slowly taking over the naming boards, but since this would be a name for me, a teenberry, it would be pretty rare for my age group. Do you think that makes much of a difference?

Coming back to say that I want to give you some alternate suggestions.

If it's the flower you like:

Azalea
    Zinnia
    Iris -- though this is starting to be all over these forums too, but i haven't met one IRL
    Ivy -- same as above
    Calla
    Dahlia
    Lotus
    Leilani

If it's the color you like:

Azure -- met one of these this last weekend, was fabulous on her
    Ebony
    Hazel
    Henna
    Jade
    Lavender
    Magenta -- I know one, she wears it very well
    Mauve
    Ruby
    Vermilion
    Xanthene
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Kith nor Kin -- http://kithnorkin.blogspot.com/ Chapter 30 and Epilogue is up. It's done!
    Angel's Art -- https://www.facebook.com/danteasart
    http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

I love Violet. It's on my top 4. I think of (of course!) the color purple/violet, and it makes me think of a sweet, happy little girl who loves to wear dresses and have tea parties.

I love Violet. It's sweet and vintage but not frilly. I know it's popular online, but I have never met a Violet in real life, so I don't think it's too common yet. And in the teen age group it'd be seen as a cool name different from the legions of Emilys and Jessicas.
    I'm Erin, a teenaged writer who loves names (and dessert).

Girls names of the moment: Delaney | Eleanor | Georgia | Kate | Lucy
    Boys names of the moment: Felix | Harry | Liam | Theo | Tobias

I think it's an excellent choice. As you noted it's uncommon in your age group, but it's a mature, dignified, sweet name that will serve you well. It will be striking, but in the right way. It's not ludicrous by any means to meet a teenaged Violet, so it wouldn't engender the same skepticism that Wren or Willow would.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Mireia * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Amal _ Hanan / Altair _ Fahd _ Ilyas _ Sajjad _ Saqr _ Tariq