Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Marielle (NN Ellie)?

I'm absolutely in love with the name Marielle. I would love to use the nickname "Ellie" (common, I know, but I'm in love with it). My husband said the name "Marielle" is okay. I suggested other names - Eleanor, Estelle, Estella, Eliza, Elena, Alana, and a few other similar names and he strongly dislikes them.

Does anyone have any suggestions similar to Marielle or atleast unlike the other names I could throw out to him? It would be greatly appreciated. The middle name we are wanting to use is "Claire", and another name I considered was Audrey, which he also dislikes. He loves the name "Mabry" which I'm not incredibly fond of. Obviously, we're in a rut here! Thank you very much!

I love Marielle and think it's a lot more accessible then say Mireille which sounds different but I think would be mispronounced here.

Similar names
    Muriel
    Marion
    Mariam
    Myriam
    Marcelle
    Marieve
    Marilyse
    Marisol
    Marissa
    Marlene
    Martine
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

I love Marielle. It's soft, sweet, feminine and pretty. Maybe "okay" is good enough. . Here are some similar names.

Giselle
    Annabel/Annabelle
    Amabel
    Arabelle
    Gabrielle
    Emmanuelle
    Christabel
    Danielle
    Noelle
    Rochelle
    Muriel/Murielle
    Raquel
    Brielle
    Corabelle
    Isobel
    Chantal
    Mabel/Maybelle
    Idabelle
    Rachel
    Mirabel/Mirabelle
    Moselle
    Arielle
    Adabelle
    Maelle
    Seychelle
    Narelle
    Bellefleur
    Adele
    Gaelle
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Thanks, ladies! I love Annabelle but that's my nieces' name. I would consider Brielle/Arielle but my husband isn't fond of those, either! Figures!

I also love "Marilyse"...I've never heard of it before. It would be nice to use because my grandmother's name is "Marilynn" and my mother/great-grandmother's middle names are "Marie" so it would honor both of them. I just don't think my husband would want to name our daughter after my grandmother! ;/ He doesn't like "dated" names. I'd have to trick him into it
    Wife to Clayton, Mama to Copper (cat) & expecting our first child 3.13.13

What about the same pronunciation but the spelling Mariel?