Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Choose the one you like for my likely dark haired future baby

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seren

28 32.94%
  • Miriam

40 47.06%
  • Dallas

4 4.71%
  • Sasha

33 38.82%
  • Surya

4 4.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Thank you all so much! I'm really glad you share my love of Miriam. It is hard to find people outside of nameberry who appreciate some of these names but I believe that overused names lead to overused personalities and lower expectations, and want my daughter to have something a little different but not over the top.

Thanks again!

I voted Seren and Miriam. I absolutely LOVE Seren, so that gets my first vote, but the idea of a sweet, dark haired little Miriam just made me smile. Surprisingly, all the Miriams I know are light-haired.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Really? Miriam really does strike me as a dark haired name for some reason. Maybe that is just because I can see it on MY child, though. I can't decide whether Seren sounds more blond or dark haired. Either way, children tend to grow into their names.

Miriam strikes me as dark-haired mainly due to its ethnic background: Jewish & Arabic (Maryam).

I like Seren too with your surname-- its on-theme without being too overt. I wish you could use both together but they really don't flow-- however, Miriam Serena works nicely, as does Serena Miriam.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I thought about Serena too but it's a little too frilly sounding for me, despite that tennis player. I think it's the -ina sound. I can't think of a single -ina name I like right now.

I'm really loving Seren, Miriam, and Sasha pretty equally right now! Hard to pick. Sasha probably has the meaning I like the least.