Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Have to say that I'm not crazy about any of these four.........they sound, to me at least, like you are trying too hard.

Question--I see that you like noun names for girls. But does it have to be a tangible noun like Pearl or Lavender? Could it be something like Felicity, Rhapsody, or Winter? In other words, would an abstract noun work?

Your style is different from mine, so hopefully I can help. Out of the names, I kind of like Holiday for the Holly nickname mainly because it reminds me of Breakfast At Tiffany's. The others are nice, though I don't know if I could ever imagine meeting a little girl with the name Cinnamon. I would think that her mom ate a lot of cinnamon when she was pregnant but I like Cinnamon flavored things so maybe it could grow on me as a name.

I love Rose name and don't think they are overdone. Rose as a middle name is overdone, but any Rose in the first name spot is lovely but that is my opinion. I don't really like Rosegold too much, though it could grow on me. Goldie is cute a nn, and I like Rosie too.

I am starting to like Pearl a lot more because I recently found out it was one of of great x2 grandmother's names. It is lovely. I used to think it was kind of blah, but now it is getting cuter to me each day.

I like Rosegold and Holiday! But the Holly association would piss me off too if I were you, so that wouldn't be a contender for me. I really like Rosegold nn Goldie!

Rosegold Holiday is cute and interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by missmolly View Post
    Question--I see that you like noun names for girls. But does it have to be a tangible noun like Lavender? Could it be something like Felicity, Rhapsody, or Winter? In other words, would an abstract noun work?
    I guess in some cases a non-object noun would work, like Holiday fits the bill for that. I like day and month and season names, too. Month names I actually really like, and my favorites would have to be from this time of year (October and November), but I think it would be weird to be named one of those rarer month names and not be born in that month (just looked it up and January Jones was in fact born in January, see what I mean?), and the nns are crappy. Not into virtue names like Felicity. Concept names like Rhapsody could be cool, but to me those are more in the category of "trying too hard."