Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Katherine/Catherine

I know Katherine/Catherine is a very common first name, but I still might use it. I love the name Kate, and I don't want a name that will be too associated with a particular year. I'm specifically looking at classics for the first name position.

In my baby name poll, of the first names I am seriously considering, Charlotte seems to be the most popular. Charlotte Victoria and Charlotte Octavia are particularly popular; Charlotte Alexandria and Charlotte Lavinia round out that list. At the same time, I still love Katherine/Catherine, and am seriously thinking about using it. I prefer the spelling with a K, but with some middle names I think a C is more appropriate.

So, two questions:

What do you think of Katherine/Catherine? Is it too common? Is it better as a middle name, or can I use it as a first?

What about middle names for Katherine/Catherine? I know I don't want Elizabeth, or anything too common, because of how common the first name is. Other considerations: it can't be two syllables (because of the last name) and I want it to be pretty, unique, and just unusual enough to balance out the first name. I like longer, flowing names with just a bit of drama but lots of history, and I'm particularly fond of Victorian names. I think that, for practical reasons to do with flow, it has to be three or more syllables (but I'm partial to four or more). And just to emphasize - Elizabeth is out.

Edited to add: Also, because of the last name, the middle name shouldn't start with a B or an N.

My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

I prefer Catherine (because of literary references), I think it's a beautiful name.
    Middle names I think go well with Catherine:

Eudora
    Elvira
    Josephine
    Prudence
    Philomena
    Rosilda
    Eulalie
    Clarissa
    Winona
    Anastasia
    Euphemia
    Harmonia
    Jessamine
    Lavendula
    Lychorida
    Melisande
    Thomasin
    Theodosia
    Vespertine
    Violetta
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

~*~Ames~*~

Proud mommy of three beautiful girls:
    Delaney Brooke (6-27-05)
    Ryley Kate (4-16-07)
    Quinn Michaela (6-1-13)