Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    I am SO late for this party--was off the internet for the birth of my baby girl...

I hope you picked Fielding, tho.

My son is named Fielding--it's a family (first*) name, so he's named after a grandfather & a great-great-uncle & 2nd cousin.
    To me, it sounds dignified yet adventurous. DS has the "adventurous" part down, but not so much the "dignified" (he's 7).
    Everyone has always thought his name was cool & unusual, but no one has ever had a problem pronouncing it or spelling it.

*(It's a first name in Ireland, but usually a last name in the States. Fielding has always fit right in with all the Conners & Liams & Ians. There seems to be a run on Irish names for boys lately!)

Love Bixby!! and Fielding is great too.
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

Quote Originally Posted by vickyintx View Post
    *(It's a first name in Ireland.
    I'm not sure it is. I've never heard of it before. Sure you're not thinking of Faolan?
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

As a British person I have to say that the only name on your list with a British vibe is Hugh. The others sounds distinctly American to me!

Names like Hugh, Jasper, Silas, Peregrine, Sebastian all sound British to my ears though their origin is varied. Though of course there is no such thing as a "British" name really since Britain is made up of separate countries with distinct cultures.

What exactly do you mean when you use British as a criteria? Do you mean upper class or literary perhaps? The sort of boys who play Rugby for Eton?

PG Wodehouse is fantastic inspiration if you're after a "country house" name - I often look in his books to get ideas!