Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A brother to Declan and Emmett

Hi again everyone!
    We just found out that #3 is a boy, which is fantastic...but we don't have any names we agree on. Our other two are Declan Patrick and Emmett Josephine. For this baby we have tossed around Kason, Westley, Archer, Dakota, Oakley, Hallam and some other but none of them is THE name.

Do you have any suggestions for us? We want the name to be fairly modern sounding, and it CAN'T be in the top 100, preferably not in the top 300 either. Middle name might be David, but we're not 100% sure of that yet so anything goes.

Thanks!
    Alexa & Christopher
    Declan Patrick & Emmett Josephine & Evander William
    #4 due in February 2014

Currently loving:
    Crosby Calen Dakota Felix Hallam Jackson Jeton Kasen Keeler Mason William // Alley Cambrie Harlow Isolde Mikayla Mason Micah Maxwell Noelle Peyton

From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

My thoughts on your short list:

Kason: this is a "teen mom" name to me. It has the trendy K-substituted-for-a-C and just does not stand up well to the classic masculine feel of Declan or stately Josephine.
    Westley: this is owned by the Princess Bride! It's got a nice sound and rhythm, but he will spend a great deal of energy correcting people who hear it as the much, much more common Wesley.
    Archer: I think Archer works well with your other children's names. It's a modern surname with strong sounds, but not too similar to Declan or Emmy to feel "matchy." A real option.
    Dakota: another "teen mom" name-- the cowboy names were very big in the mid to late 90s, and they rapidly went downmarket. They are dated. Plus-- even though this name is in very wide use-- the Sioux themselves said they felt offended by the appropriation of one of their tribal names, which would lead me to steer clear of it.
    Oakley: great choice in the same vein as Archer. Strong sounds, a nice modern surname, with a bevy of cool, uncommon nicknames (Oak, Hoke, Okie)
    Hallam: this is quite unusual and I admit not having heard of it. It too has a nice sound, but the Hall- names (Halle, Hadley, Hayley) are all female, so I might steer clear of this one. In a sibset of Declan, Emmett and Hallam, I would assume Hallum is the girl!

Some other options in a similar modern vein as Declan and Emmett, and not too close to Alex/Chris (I included a lot of K sounds):

Foster
    Callum
    Caleb
    Keane
    Keir
    Kinnett
    Kennesaw
    Kincaid
    Kingston
    Lincoln
    Lucas
    Maddox
    Merrick
    Oakland (slightly different from Oakley, without the sunglasses vibe)
    Roarke
    Wilkes
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I would go with Archer or Westley. I don't like Dakota or Halam with your kid's names. Oakley is okay, but I think Archer or Westley fit best. I think Callum would fit nicely with your children's names as well.

I agree with the 'teen mom' reference to Kason! I do like Oakley a lot though.

Other suggestions:
    Hendrix
    Lennon
    Landry
    Lennox
    Micah
    Porter
    Callum
    Weston
    Pierson
    Harvey
    Paxton