Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Catalina

Catalina is pretty. I do think of the island and not the salad dressing, but that shouldn't stop you from using the name. It is funny because my DH and I went to Catalina island for our honeymoon, so it has a special significance to me as well. I think it is a pretty choice.

This might sound stupid but I don't know anything about the Santa Catalina island in the Pacific, the one I'm talking about is in the Caribbean. I have no problem whatsoever if people think of the one in the Pacific instead and wouldn't go around correcting if I were to ever use the name but I want to know is there anything controversial about this island? It's just a vacation destination right?

Also, the island she was born on is Providencia but it's an Archipelago so I think that works right? She wasn't foreign to the island or anything and she talked a lot about all of them. Thanks so much for all the help so far
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

Quote Originally Posted by taz View Post
    Very pretty! My neighbor is named Catalina so I think of her! Pretty and youthful in her late 30s, dark hair, caramel skintone, British accent, works in a creative field.
    Thanks for this, I was wondering about mental images of a Catalina and I pictured a pale blonde for some reason but I'm mixed race, my skin is pretty olive and I get mistaken for Hispanic or Italian a lot so I was wondering what a real life Catalina looks like.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

Quote Originally Posted by agent99 View Post
    Thanks for this, I was wondering about mental images of a Catalina and I pictured a pale blonde for some reason but I'm mixed race, my skin is pretty olive and I get mistaken for Hispanic or Italian a lot so I was wondering what a real life Catalina looks like.
    I think our Catalina is part Indian & part white. She could easily be thought of as Latin looking. I think the name suits a girl with her features for sure.

Also- I had never heard of the salad dressing before this thread if that helps!

I know a Catalina who calls herself Cat. It's a nice name.

I like the sound of Catalina Paloma- it sounds like the name of a song.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |