Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Catalina

Hybrid View

Catalina

I mentioned Catalina on another board but thought I would ask for opinions over here as well, my Grandmother is from the Archipelago of San Andrés, Providencia y Santa Catalina. I was thinking Catalina would be a nice way to honor her and am considering putting it on my list.

What are the general thoughts on the name and what goes well with the name? I was unaware there is a Catalina salad dressing but my husband says this is no big deal? What do you think?

I like it with Josephine, Josephine Catalina sounds nice to me which is a bonus but I can't think of any combos but I would love some recommendations.

TIA!

dreaming, not naming atm
    Last edited by agent99; October 1st, 2012 at 07:54 PM.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eléonor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Aenor, Bérangère, Bérénice, Catalina, Honorine, Nadezhda Boys: Augustin, Calixte, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Maxandre, Maxence, Yves

~~Formerly know on the boards as The.TX.Belle~~

It's a beautiful name. I think people sometimes shy away from it due to the island visible from Los Angeles-- but really, what's so bad about that? I think it's a fantastic, meaningful way to honor your grandmother.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

I associate it with exotic parrots, i.e. the Catalina Macaw.

http://www.funbaz.com/wallpapers/bir...parrot-374.jpg

I quite like the name by the way.

I know a Catalina. She just goes by Catalina (no nickname) to me and other friends, but I met her mom once and her mom called her Kitty. I think Catalina is a beautiful name and I had NO idea there was a salad dressing with this name, and it really doesn't matter that there is.

Very pretty name

Very pretty! My neighbor is named Catalina so I think of her! Pretty and youthful in her late 30s, dark hair, caramel skintone, British accent, works in a creative field.