Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I love Huxley, as suggested by someone else. I think of your original list, Dashiell works best with Sadie and Scarlett. Could you perhaps reserve Penn for a middle name? It's cool and does have a lovely meaning for you both, but I'd be really put off by the nanny if I were you! Rory is also quite lovely if your husband is set on an Irish name.

After reading previous posts the name that sounds the best to me is Tate.
    Sadie, Scarlett and Tate. Sounds great together and Tate is nice and strong and breaking the S trend if that's what you want.

If you want to stay with the letter S how about
    Seth
    or
    Sebastian?

My favourite is definitely Tate and if my friend didn't have a son named Tate, I'd consider it for my baby due early next year.
    All the best

I LOVE Thatcher, especially with Sadie and Scarlett!
    Currently crushing on:

Russell. Calloway. Brighton.

Evadne. Cecelia. Thomasina.

[QUOTE=blade;1612321]I think you like Monroe due to its surname feel, unpretentiousness, long O sound, and the fact that it can stand up well to your girls' names. But the Marilyn association does skew girly.... This might quickly follow into Harper and Harlow territory. /QUOTE]

Yes, this is exactly what I'm feeling. Also Mariah Carey named her daughter Monroe and while I am not inspired by celebs, many people are.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    As for Boden-- I know this is odd, but it's Scandinavian origin reminds me of Woden. It still starts with "bode." what about Bowden instead?
    I think I could really get behind Bowden. My husband mentioned last night he liked B names, so that's why were are getting Brandon and Brendan. I said, what about Boden. He said you are getting close. He then says he likes Bo (not the Beau). I think Bowden could give us the best of all worlds. He can use nickname Bo and I can get my Bod-ee nickname, but yet there is a more formal adult sounding name in Bowden and it might appeal my husband's inclination towards to the B-dens. I have to be careful not to tip my hand too much as it is still early on and my husband tends to rebel against my chosen name.

Quote Originally Posted by blade View Post
    And honestly-- could you really imagine showing up at a college reunion with a son named Penn? It's obviously a great name, but for two Penn alumni, I still think it'a little much.
    Yes, I hear that. Anyhow, I've come to terms with the fact that like Savannah (for our first daughter), Hadley (for our second daughter), Penn is a casualty.

Bixby (a great jazzy vibe) - Very cool...I find I think a lot of names sound like reindeer names?!? I don't know why. I think it's the Bix sound that throwing me toward Vixen. Every name is going to have an initial association in my mind, so I'm going to have to let ruminate for a bit, but I like something about it.
    Dixon - Also has the Vixen association. I don't like the Dick sound in the beginning and I only think of the Mason Dixon line, which just feel very confederate to me. I know Scarlett and some of my other choices bring that out too, but this is just not a good Southern association for me. No particular reason.
    Huxley - I think of The Huxtabes. I do like the Huck sound in the beginning, reminds me a bit of Huckleberry Finn, without being Huckleberry.
    Paxton nn Pax - Brangelina - Can't do it. Too bad bc it's cool.
    Zale - I think of Zales and I am not really sure I actually like Z names. I know I had Zander and Zane on my list. I feel like I should like them, but I don't really think they are for me.
    Astin - I was thinking I might really like A names for a boy. Like Anden - is that a name? Anyhow, Astin sounds nice but I'm hearing Aston Martin and I wouldn't want to name my kid after luxury (or non-luxury) car.
    Devlin nn Dev - Could work and I strongly prefer over Donal and Darren.
    Hearst - Funeral car.

Hale - I prefer Hayes, but could work.

Harris
    Gibson - I have an issue with common surnames as first names, like Harris, Gibson, Sullivan, Cohen, etc., I really feel that they should be someone's maiden name if you are going to use them.

Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions.

My husband mentioned Jasper last night. I said I liked and he quickly withdraw it. What do you think of Jasper?

Quote Originally Posted by sarah78 View Post
    If you want to stay with the letter S how about
    Seth
    or
    Sebastian?

My favourite is definitely Tate and if my friend didn't have a son named Tate, I'd consider it for my baby due early next year.
    All the best
    Tate is good. Husband is not totally receptive although he threw it out for our last girl, so we'll see if he changes his tunes. He does that except with my absolute favorites.

I think that unless I really, really, really love and live without an S name, I think I'm breaking the trend. Also Sebastian is WAY popular here.