Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Geneviette

Geneviette

Hello All,
    Came across this name, Geneviette, on a real little girl who pronounces it the French way of ZHAHN-vee-ett. What are your impressions of it? Legitimate diminutive of Genevieve or too invented? What would be your first thought on pronunciation? Thank you!
    Shelby

I love Genevieve, but Geneviette seems like someone just stuck the 'ette' on the end, similiar to Paulette and Annette. If you live in the US, it might be hard for people to pronounve it the French way, although I agree that it's prettier.

HermioneCassiaRosalieSofiaKatarinaKiona
    LeoMatthiasEspenBennettAvery

I agree with @starcatcher668 completely. I don't know where you are, but in the US I doubt most will pronounce it correctly.I pronounce Geneviette like you said! At least with Genevieve, it still sounds pretty as Gen-uh-veev (the more typical American pronunciation), but Geneviette would be difficult to pronounce for most.
    Only 19 but a name lover!

Favorites:
    Girls:
    Top Five:Charlotte Belle,Emilia Alice,Clara Eve,Norah Lucille,and Adelaide/Adeline Pearl
    Other Favorites:Violet Isabelle,Lucy Arwen, Lila Josephine, Olive Beatrix,Amelie Sophia, Audrey Catherine,Louisa Caroline,Eliza Maeve,and Matilda Sophie
    Boys:
    Henry Caspian, Rory Philip,Asher Flynn, Jack Elias, and Gideon James

In order to pronounce that name as "zha-an-vi-ette," the accent aigu-- downward sloping accent on the E in GeneviEVe-- would have to be preserved. However, the -ette ending is not spelled with that accent. That's why it doesn't seem like a legitimate diminutive to me, but rather a cute pet name.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Theodora / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Tariq