Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

I love E names but I don't love the name Emma, or Em names either. I just liked Emmeline. When it comes to Emmeline I've come to not like the "line" part so I don't think I'd ever use it.

I love just Belle but the other Bella/Belle names are too common and trendy so idk.

@sunshine.10 I don't want to change my name to anything similar to Jessica. I've never liked it.

@Whirligig Glad to know I'm not the only one!

This isn't a final list or anything but the only names on this list that I can seriously see myself using are Winter and Nova.
    nineteen & renaming myself soon

No, you aren't crazy at all. I changed my name when I was 18, didn't keep any part of my original name. Part of the reason I did it was because the name was always getting misspelled, mispronounced, and mistaken as being a different name it was driving me up the wall. The other main reason was I didn't think the name fit me at all, I didn't feel comfortable in it, I didn't care for the meaning, and I hated the way people would say it. I am happy with my name change and have been ever since, but one mistake I did make was changing it to a name that has become very popular these days [and I didn't realize it at the time]. But I was lucky in that I opted for a more unusual middle name which I can go by.

So my advice, pick a name that isn't overly common but isn't so out there that it doesn't sound like it'd be your real name. If you like the names Nova and Winter [for example], then use them, they aren't too outrageous and they aren't common. It's your name, you and you alone have to live with it so you should find one that feels comfortable and you enjoy hearing other people say.

My name is also Jessica, and I have always felt the same way. My husband has a cousin named Jessica, and when his family mentions her they always say "Jessica did such and such... oh, not you, the other Jessica"

And I just respond with an "Are you kidding me?" face. You mean I didn't swim with sharks in Australia? I could have sworn you were talking about me...

I also have a very common filler mn... So my entire life I have gone by Jesse. I used to hate it so much, but at 25 it's part of my personal identity whether I want it to be or not.

I do not think you're crazy for wanting to change your name, I just don't know how effective it will be with people who know you. The way I see it with myself, I'll just work hard not to repeat the same thing with my own children.

Quote Originally Posted by scarlettrobin View Post
    No, you aren't crazy at all. I changed my name when I was 18, didn't keep any part of my original name. Part of the reason I did it was because the name was always getting misspelled, mispronounced, and mistaken as being a different name it was driving me up the wall. The other main reason was I didn't think the name fit me at all, I didn't feel comfortable in it, I didn't care for the meaning, and I hated the way people would say it. I am happy with my name change and have been ever since, but one mistake I did make was changing it to a name that has become very popular these days [and I didn't realize it at the time]. But I was lucky in that I opted for a more unusual middle name which I can go by.

So my advice, pick a name that isn't overly common but isn't so out there that it doesn't sound like it'd be your real name. If you like the names Nova and Winter [for example], then use them, they aren't too outrageous and they aren't common. It's your name, you and you alone have to live with it so you should find one that feels comfortable and you enjoy hearing other people say.
    Thx for the advice! You've made me feel more confident about changing my name. When I consider names I also think about whether the name feels right for me. Jessica never really has.

I'm still not 100% sure whether I'm keeping Jessica in my name or not, but I think I might since my mom loved the idea when I mentioned it to her. Of course she doesn't really want me to change my name in the first place. I would love to pick a totally new first and middle name though.

I think your name, Scarlett Robin, is really pretty by the way!
    Last edited by jessica123; September 30th, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
    nineteen & renaming myself soon

Hi I'm Sam and I'm 17; I too hope to change my name. I don't think your'e crazy, It's your name and you have to live with it so why not live with one that you love. I love Winter as a name, just thought I'd through that out there.