Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

What about Emmeline is bugging you? If it's the "line" or "leen" part, you can pronounce/spell it Emmelin or Emmelyn. I think it's a beautiful name. Another variation I've heard is Emelina which is pronounced Em-uh-lee-na. Emelina is slowly becoming my favorite "Em" name.

Other names to get that "Em" sound that aren't as common as Emma:
    Emilia
    Emerson or Emmerson or Emersen
    Emery

Other "E" names (I love E names too):
    Elena
    Eleanor
    Ellis (a bit masculine to me, but you may like it)
    Ebba (yes, it's a real name! I kind of like the sound of it)

I think with Emmeline you risk it getting shortened to Emma though. I think Nova and Belle would be the best options. And it's not crazy to want to change your name, but it's a lot of work, and it can make things strange around family and friends who have always known you as Jessica. I don't think changing your name will automatically stop them from calling you Jessica because that's how they know you. Your parents picked the name, so I doubt they will stop calling you Jessica. Just a fair warning. It'll take time for your current friends to adjust and even so, a Jessica might slip out....
    Our Cats:
    Calcifer & Mittzy

Our Dog:
    Lexie

Favorite Names
    Elsa ~ Flora ~ Luna ~ Euphemia ~ Caroline ~ Artemis
    Ezra ~ Severus ~ Llewellyn ~ Rory ~ Liam ~ Preston

Author Site | Tumblr | Blog | Free Printables

The problem I see with Belle is that it's becoming so popular. I personally don't mind popularity, but if your reason for changing Jessica is popularity, I don't think you'll be happy with Belle for very long. Isabella is ranked number 2 in the U.S. and a lot of those little Isabellas are nicknamed Belle.

Would you consider changing to something like Jessamine/Jessamyn?

I like Winter and Emmeline (although I pronnounce it em-uh-lin) I don't think your crazy because I want to change my name too.
    [ Ingo Julius ][ Igor John ][ Samson Hugo ]
    [ Ottilie ][ Emeline ][ Anwen ][ Grace ][ Esther ][ Hope ]