Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I crazy?

Question Am I crazy?

Hi I'm 19 and I decided I wanted to change my name about a year and 3 months ago. I've been visiting name sites but this is the first time I've ever posted about this. My name's Jessica and I hate it. I don't like the way it sounds or feels and it's too popular and boring. I've had to go by Jessica C. or "the other Jessica" multiple times. My middle name's even worse(Marie) so that's not an option. I know that my family and current friends will still call me Jessica or "Sica" but I don't mind. I'm changing colleges next year(out of state) so I think it would be the perfect time to change my name. I'm slighty scared to do it because I'm worried about how other people might react(my family mostly), but I do really want to do it! I don't want to change it to something weird or anything, I just want a name that I actually like. Am I crazy for wanting to do this?
    Last edited by jessica123; September 30th, 2012 at 02:17 AM.

I don't think you're crazy at all. There are a few other posters here who want to re-name themselves. One piece of advice though -- if you change it legally, I'd keep both Jessica and Marie as middle names out of respect for your parents. Just put whatever you want in the first name slot. Do you have a list of names you like?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriela View Post
    I don't think you're crazy at all. There are a few other posters here who want to re-name themselves. One piece of advice though -- if you change it legally, I'd keep both Jessica and Marie as middle names out of respect for your parents. Just put whatever you want in the first name slot. Do you have a list of names you like?
    That's a good idea! I hadn't thought of doing that, thx.

I change my mind every so often but this is my small list right now,

Everly
    Winter - my favorite
    Nova
    Emmeline - I love E names and I like the "em eh" sound but I don't love Emmeline
    Belle - I think it might be too close to the other common and trendy Bella/Belle names
    nineteen & renaming myself soon

How about Emma instead of Emmeline? Emma Jessica Marie is a very pretty combination.
    Or you could go with Elise, Eliza or Elizabeth.
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

The Classics: Caroline, Catherine, Elizabeth; Benjamin, James, Luke
    Celtic Flair: Annabel, Claire, Maeve; Evan, Liam, Patrick
    Short & Sweet: Eve, Jane, Rose; Hugh, Jack, Leo

Quote Originally Posted by kyemsma View Post
    How about Emma instead of Emmeline? Emma Jessica Marie is a very pretty combination.
    Or you could go with Elise, Eliza or Elizabeth.
    I don't like Emma by itself and Emma is way too common and boring. I don't want to go from one extremely common/boring name to another extremely common/boring name. Thx for your input though.
    Last edited by jessica123; September 30th, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
    nineteen & renaming myself soon