Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohluna View Post
    I like Eulalia and Lorelei together, a LOT. I like that you included the pronunciation, I remember a Spanish teacher of mine teaching us over and over to pronounce it Ay-oo-la-lee-ah. I like learning a new way to say it!
    I'm relieved so many people like Eulalia and Lorelei, I was worried everyone would hate them. I laughed imagining a group of students trying to pronounce Eulalia in Spanish--it's already difficult enough in English! I have a friend from Argentina named Olalla, and apparently that is a Spanish version. I much prefer the English version though.

I thought I should add that my husband and I are pronouncing Lorelei/Lorelai with a strong I sound at the end (rhymes with my) rather than a strong A sound (rhymes with may) or strong E sound ( rhymes with me). I have heard it pronounced all three ways but my grandmother's name was with a strong I sound. Does anyone know which is the correct way of saying it?
    Last edited by violetbale; September 30th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

How romantic to be proposed to during a meteorite shower! Some names in the "star, sky, celestial theme" would be:

Lorelei Aster (Greek for star, also a flower name)
    Lorelei Vesper (Greek for evening star)
    Lorelei Celeste (Latin for heavenly)
    Lorelei Ciel (French for sky)
    Lorelei Estelle (French for star)

I think Lorelei Briar and Lorelei Rose are lovely as well! Also, I think the correct and most common pronunciation of Lorelei is with the strong I sound (Lor-ah-lye).
    Last edited by kelchristmas; September 30th, 2012 at 01:13 AM.

It was so romantic, I really appreciate that he tried to make it special for me. My husband isn't normally the best when it comes to expressing his feelings on a daily basis, but he gets an A+ when it comes to big romantic gestures.
    I hadn't thought about a star theme before.
    I love the names Aster and Vesper!
    What about Lorelai Esther? Or does that not go well together? I also have always liked the name Astrid which for some reason I thought meant star, but when I just looked it up it said it meant divinely beautiful.

I really love the combos Eulalia Snow and Lorelei Rose.
    Adelaide/Alice/Amelia/Autumn, Beatrice, Caroline/Cecilia/Charlotte/Colette, Eleanor/Eloise/Evelyn, Felicity/Fiona, Gemma/Genevieve, Hazel, Iris/Isla, Josephine/Juliet, Margot/Matilda, Penelope, Seraphina/Simone/Summer, Vivienne, Willow, Zoe

August, Beckett, Carter/Caspian/Christian/Colton, Dashiell/Declan/Dominic, Emmett/Everett, Felix/Finn, Harrison/Hayes, Jasper/Julian, Landon/Leo/Liam/Lincoln/Luke, Mason/Miles, Oliver, Sebastian/Simon, Theodore/Thomas/Tristan, Walker/Wesley