Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohluna View Post
    I like Eulalia and Lorelei together, a LOT. I like that you included the pronunciation, I remember a Spanish teacher of mine teaching us over and over to pronounce it Ay-oo-la-lee-ah. I like learning a new way to say it!
    I'm relieved so many people like Eulalia and Lorelei, I was worried everyone would hate them. I laughed imagining a group of students trying to pronounce Eulalia in Spanish--it's already difficult enough in English! I have a friend from Argentina named Olalla, and apparently that is a Spanish version. I much prefer the English version though.

I thought I should add that my husband and I are pronouncing Lorelei/Lorelai with a strong I sound at the end (rhymes with my) rather than a strong A sound (rhymes with may) or strong E sound ( rhymes with me). I have heard it pronounced all three ways but my grandmother's name was with a strong I sound. Does anyone know which is the correct way of saying it?
    Last edited by violetbale; September 30th, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

How romantic to be proposed to during a meteorite shower! Some names in the "star, sky, celestial theme" would be:

Lorelei Aster (Greek for star, also a flower name)
    Lorelei Vesper (Greek for evening star)
    Lorelei Celeste (Latin for heavenly)
    Lorelei Ciel (French for sky)
    Lorelei Estelle (French for star)

I think Lorelei Briar and Lorelei Rose are lovely as well! Also, I think the correct and most common pronunciation of Lorelei is with the strong I sound (Lor-ah-lye).
    Last edited by kelchristmas; September 30th, 2012 at 01:13 AM.

It was so romantic, I really appreciate that he tried to make it special for me. My husband isn't normally the best when it comes to expressing his feelings on a daily basis, but he gets an A+ when it comes to big romantic gestures.
    I hadn't thought about a star theme before.
    I love the names Aster and Vesper!
    What about Lorelai Esther? Or does that not go well together? I also have always liked the name Astrid which for some reason I thought meant star, but when I just looked it up it said it meant divinely beautiful.

I really love the combos Eulalia Snow and Lorelei Rose.
    Hazel Beatrice, Eleanor Astrid, Fiona Scarlett, Cecilia Haven, Juliet Marian, Josephine Clara, Felicity Violet, Gemma Lilac, Iris Adelaide, Amelia Penelope, Cassia Reverie

Oliver Gabriel, Julian Arthur, August Henry, Jasper Atticus, Wesley Felix, Miles Edward, Liam Sebastian, Harry Lachlan, Damon Alastair, Christian Thomas, Luke Edward

Crushing on: Simon, Elowen, Artemis, Dashiell, Reverie, Lux, Miette, Bellamy, Winter, Avalon, Daisy, Isla, Aurora, Lincoln, Finn, Desmond, Ivy, Luna