Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Eulalia Snow & Lorelei Winter? Too matchy? I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfoot View Post
    Yes!! These Eulalia and Lorelei are amazing together! Two of my absolute favorite names. You are so lucky to have great family names to work with. I love the idea of using Violet as a mn for one of the girls. It would be a great way to connect the generations. Eulalia Violet and Lorelei Violet both sound lovely beyond words. Congratulations on the twins by the way! Very exciting!
    Thanks you so much for the positive feedback. Because my name is Violet I would feel weird about my daughters having it as their middle names. I would really like it otherwise as I like the idea of flower names for middle names.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfoot View Post
    Eulalia Snow & Lorelei Winter? Too matchy? I like it.
    I actually really like that, but would also worry that it's too matchy. Maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal since they're middle names. I will have to ask my husband. Thanks for the suggestion!

Eulalia Snow nn Eula is so beautiful! Love it! Is your due date this winter? Would you want them both to have wintery, nature themed middle names? Also, I do think that some people will think of Gilmore Girls, but I've never actually watched the show. If they do make the connection, I don't think it's a bad one at all, and it shouldn't deter you from using Lorelei or even the nn Rory if that's the nn you prefer. Love Eulalia Snow and Lorelei Plum together! (reminds me of book, The Night Before Christmas - "While visions of sugar-plums danced in their heads")

I love these names and the meaning behind them for your daughters so much! Eulalie is a bit easier to say and I do tend to like that they'd both have 3 syllables in their names, but I don't think Eulalia is that much of a difference. As far as the spelling of Lorelai goes, if you're using an exact name to honor someone, I wouldn't change the spelling. For instance my name is Cathryn. My name is not Catherine, Kathryn, or Katharine. It would be weird to me if someone told me they were naming a child Cathryn in my honor, but using a different spelling. I wouldn't tell them that of course, but it would still be weird to me. lol Since Eulalie is a variation of the original name, I don't see a problem with it. It would be like someone honoring Cathryn with Cathleen. I hope I'm making sense. lol
    I wouldn't worry about the Gilmore Girls association. You'll probably have other moms make comments on the connection, but kids of your daughter's generation won't have a clue as to what the Gilmore Girls is. My son's middle name is Grover. I didn't name him after Grover Cleveland, Washington, or the Grover of Sesame Street. He was named for my great grandfather and that means a lot to me, so I don't care what people associate his name with.

Here are some flower middle names for ya. Good luck and congrats!

Eulalie Azalea and Lorelai Magnolia
    Eulalia Rose and Lorelai Calla
    Eulalie Jonquil and Lorelai Daisy
    ~Cathryn Elizabeth~

Stay at home mommy to Benton Grover and Arwen Elizabeth.

Favorite Boys: Harrison Bauer, Conrad Elias, Ransom Caius
    Favorite Girls: Imogen Temperance, Azalea Temperance, Calanthe Emmeline