Names Searched Right Now:

View Poll Results: Sister for Jane Cordelia?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phoebe

17 29.31%
  • Celia

16 27.59%
  • Susannah

26 44.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help me name a sister for Jane Cordelia...due date quickly approaching!

Which name do you like best as a sister for Jane Cordelia? Our last name sounds like "Workage". So far, our top three are Susannah, Phoebe and Celia, but I welcome any suggestions, along with middle names if they pop in your head. We like all three of these names so much, it has been impossible to eliminate any of them for weeks. One thing pulling in favor of Susannah is that both of my girls, being born during the holidays, would have nicknames from characters of "It's a Wonderful Life" (Janie and Zuzu). It is important to me that the name be timeless/classic but not overused and be compatible with Jane, but not too matchy matchy (for example, Jane and Anne don't have quite enough contrast for my taste). Thanks in advance for your help!

I find Celia very pretty, but I think it's too repetitive with Cordelia. I voted for Phoebe, since I think they're drawn from similar, though not the same, style family. Susannah to me feels more Old Testament/ pioneer rather than a literary classic like Cordelia or Phoebe.

Perhaps something subtly Shakespearean, like Cordelia?

Portia
    Nerissa
    Viola
    Ophelia
    Beatrice
    Bianca
    Katharine
    Luciana
    Helena
    Rosalind

I think something like Katharine Beatrice, Helena Claire or Ophelia Rosalind would match sister Jane Cordelia quite well.
    Last edited by blade; September 29th, 2012 at 09:48 PM.
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael (3.1.2012)
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor (11.30.2013)

I LOVE Susannah and Janie and Zuzu is adorable.
    Little Bean arriving September 2014

Zoe | Noemí Esther
    Lucas Emmanuel | Levi Alexander

Adele | Adira | Arabella | Aurora | Eliana | Elizabeth | Milena | Susannah | Zara

Its a Wonderful Life is my all time favorite movie. That's the first thing that popped into my head when I saw Susannah as one of your choices. Obviously that gets my vote. Jane and Susannah are perfect classics.