Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

To commit or not to committ?

My goal is to pick a name for a future daughter and thats it. Then if im ever blessed with another gitl, shes already named. This simple approach works for all my friends, but has never been so easy for me. After analyzing every name on nb, I think I've settled on Nola and Mabel. Every name had pros and cons, but I've learned I just have to go for it.
    Mostly I want to be settled on first names and leave room for deciding middles when
    the time comes.
    So any thoughts on Nola and Mabel and possible middles?
    Help me commit with some great feedback

Nola Penelope Eve
    Mabel Josephine Bleu
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

I don't agree with that method, I'm a big believe in meeting the child before naming. Feels properly personally to me.

I have combos picked out, but I have middle names that are interchangable, and I'm willing to use a different name instead of the original idea. I plan to wait until I've met my child, and then name them. It feels like it's really they're name, and not just a name I'm giving them because of birth order or something. Also, tastes can change a lot over months, let alone years. I think it's best to have a top 2 or 3 and keep those till the birth.
    Laurel - 2O - Aries - Slytherin - University of Toronto

-------
    Newest thoughts for little ones: Angelo - Caspian - Eden | Isabela - Brisa - Gisele

I do agree with wanting to commit.I love the idea of picking out a name before, as I can be very picky, and that way I don't have to deal with people saying that they don't like the name and that I should go with their favorite name. My friend Linda picked out her kids' names (Emma and Brandon) ahead of time, and as a result were less stressed and people also bought a lot of personalized/monogrammed things for them, which was very sweet.

I'm slightly more with @east93 though. I'm pretty set on the names that I want to use (although middles names are also interchangeable depending on if there are people I want to honor) but I want to meet my child first.

I always go back to the show Friends,when Rachel and Ross were expecting their daughter. Before Ross was adamant about using Ruth but then decided against it. After the baby was born they were thinking of Isabella or Delilah and none of them felt right. And then they of course named their daughter Emma after Monica let them use her favorite name!

Even though I probably will end up using Charlotte and the other names on my list, I'd still want to meet my baby first, just to be sure. :]

I love both Nola Penelope Eve and Mabel Josephine Bleu! Both combos are beautiful, absolutely stunning. Classic but a little quirky (to me at least) at the same time- I love it!

Nola Penelope Eve is my favorite! I'd use Nola myself if Norah wasn't already on my list. I like Bleu, but the only thing I don't like about the name is I think a lot of people would pronounce it incorrectly. Granted, it's the second middle name so most won't see it and then pronunciation won't be an issue,but it came across my mind. That aside, I adore your combos!
    Only 19 but a name lover!

Favorites:
    Girls:
    Top Five:Charlotte Belle,Emilia Alice,Clara Eve,Norah Lucille,and Adelaide/Adeline Pearl
    Other Favorites:Violet Isabelle,Lucy Arwen, Lila Josephine, Olive Beatrix,Amelie Sophia, Audrey Catherine,Louisa Caroline,Eliza Maeve,and Matilda Sophie
    Boys:
    Henry Caspian, Rory Philip,Asher Flynn, Jack Elias, and Gideon James

Thanks for sharing the opposite view.
    I look at names as a special gift to my child, and enjoy watching how that little person makes that name theirs. I cant see how a little baby could look like one name over another, but thats just me. I cant see a name fitting until their cute personality shines through around toddlerhood.
    Im most likely going to keep having babies or at least try to, so having 2 names picked out isnt so extreme. I dont know if I want to commit to All future baby names, but id like to commit to at least one
    Mom to Tess, Kaia, Jasper and dogs Brody, Max and Felix

*Penelope Sadie Kite* Piper Olive Cordelia* Phoebe Clementine Hope* Hattie Vivian Jewel* Willa Florence Eve*

*Finn Wesley Joseph* Ezra Calvin David* Judah Theodore Henry* Leo Abram James*

Quote Originally Posted by wrenmaple View Post
    I look at names as a special gift to my child, and enjoy watching how that little person makes that name theirs. I cant see how a little baby could look like one name over another, but thats just me. I cant see a name fitting until their cute personality shines through around toddlerhood.
    I agree with you completely! Even though I'd find a name like Olive classic,spunky, and quirky,that doesn't necessarily mean Olive will be that way. Even though I'm not a mom, whenever I take care of my friends' kids I do enjoy watching them grow up and specifically into their names. My friend's little sister(now in first grade) was going to be an Isabella, but then at the suggestion of a friend they named her Lydia Grace.At first, she didn't seem like a Lydia. But now, she's definitely a Lydia and I can't see her being an Isabella at all. I don't know how to describe it, but once kids start developing personalities, their names just fit them perfectly. :]

Personally,I'm kind of in the same situation.I'm committed to Jack and Charlotte as first names for a boy and a girl.Emilia and Asher or Henry are the likely candidates for other children,but I'm not set on those yet.

Good luck with whatever names you choose!
    Only 19 but a name lover!

Favorites:
    Girls:
    Top Five:Charlotte Belle,Emilia Alice,Clara Eve,Norah Lucille,and Adelaide/Adeline Pearl
    Other Favorites:Violet Isabelle,Lucy Arwen, Lila Josephine, Olive Beatrix,Amelie Sophia, Audrey Catherine,Louisa Caroline,Eliza Maeve,and Matilda Sophie
    Boys:
    Henry Caspian, Rory Philip,Asher Flynn, Jack Elias, and Gideon James