Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Avalon Eleanor

Avalon Eleanor

For that little girl Avalanna Routh, who passed away on Wednesday morning. Avalon Eleanor, Avalon because it's the closest name that I could find the meaning of and Eleanor for a relative. Eleanor also means "Light", a heavenly meaning.

I love this name. What do you think? What are some good sister names with the middle name Mary?
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |
    | Emma Berlin | Cressida Lilac | Jessamine Lark | Vivienne Snow | Ireland Eve |

Wait, I'm confused...are you actually talking about naming your child after some random Justin Beiber fan? (I Googled 'Avalanna Ruth', and this is what came up.)

Well, Avalanna Routh was a six-year-old girl who lost her battle with a rare form of brain cancer and has raised awareness of it. It's called AT/RT and I felt like she definitely made a difference in helping to raise money for research that may one day cure many children.

And yes, she was a Justin Bieber fan. But that's not really the point.
    | Arabella Monet | Henrietta Plum | Isolde Noor | Agatha Ruby | Marian Primrose |

Avalon Eleanor is very... Arthurian to me. Mists and magic castles. Up to you if you prefer it.

It also unfortunately repeats its central sounds-- avaLON eLANor.

There are some 30 cases of atypical teratoid rhabdoid tumors diagnosed in the US per year. They are highly malignant and very aggressive. Each case of course is an indescribable loss for the family in question... but do you feel that strongly about this particular subtype of CNS cancer that you would name your child after one of its sufferers, just to raise 'awareness?'
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I'm not exactly naming a child here. I'm just a name nerd who likes to think about the future.

I don't mind the repeat in sounds, but what I want most is an opinion on the name.

And maybe the name isn't exactly "for", but "inspired by" the girl's name.