Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Harriet: Love it? Hate it?

What is your first reaction when you think of Harriet? My husband and sister both love the name and while the nn Hattie/Haddie is cute, I'm not in love with Harriet but feel I could be swayed.

I love it. It's one of those fabulous English names which just ooze class (IMHO).

My favorite nn is Hattie.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I am not a fan. I like some vintage names that have come back, but Harriet, for me, isn't one of them. It reminds me of the name Harry, which reminds me of the word harry, which then leads me to think of a really harry elderly lady.

I prefer Henrietta - well actually I love it. Harriet seems a little like the poor cousin to me. However, on its own merit I think its a perfectly respectable name - it also reminds me of Harriet Hayes (from Studio 60) which gives it extra brownie points.
    MAJOR CONSTRUCTION ZONE
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)

It reminds me of Little House on the Prairie...but if you don't have that memory...it's cute