Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I know a Karlyn so that spelling seems more feminine and yes probably more trendy. She is in her late 20's. I never realized it was a last name I don't even know who George Carlin is. I've always liked it though and wouldn't consider it masculine. Again, I know a female Karlyn though. My favorite lyn names are Madelyn and Adelyn, but I really like Madelyn. It was on my list til a friend used Adelyn. Now, I would be more inclined to use the Madeleine spelling but I like the simplicity and clarity (of pronunciation) of Madelyn.
    Mom to Cuyler Reese Holcomb and anxiously awaiting Avery Daniel Alexander in August 2013!

Girls: Claire Elisabeth Louisa, Sophia Adelaide Kate, Elise Madeleine Joy, Zoe Anneliese Jayne, Juliet Amelia Rose

Boys: Asher Morgan James, Morgan Everett Nathaniel, Weston Jude Elias, Gabriel

I like Carlin, but do not care for Carlyn. That would be taking a strong unisex name, which is partially in honor of a free spirit, and femme-ing it up because a girl's name must be cutesy and soft.

I don't think you'd get too many raised eyebrows, even from the Madicyn set.
    Blade, MD

XY: AR
    XX: CVN

Aquila * Chrysanthe * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Ione * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrra * Petra * Rosamond * Seraphine * Silvana * Theophane / Blaise * Cyprian * Darius * Evander * Giles * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Peregrine * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Iman / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Najid _ Rafiq _ Tariq

I like Carlin. For the association, and just in general. (Though, I seem to have a thing for most Hard-C names!)

I'd personally be more inclined to use it on a boy. That's just me. I'm not overly fond of the unisex names. But, it's not unheard of!

For some reason I would be more partial to Carlyn for a girl. Which, creates quite a paradox in my head. Because I'm also not fond of just turning a "boy" name into a "girl" name by adding/changing a few letters. And, it's only in spelling. Introduction/sound wise, it's the Exact same name.

I think it's a great name for boy or girl. Spelling depends on if you're more into unisex names or creative spellings.
    Stephanie Nicole
    Mother Of:
    Conor Alexander (2 in Jan)
    Cormac Sebastian (infant)
    Cordelia Janemarie (infant)