Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Alternative to Jennifer?

DH was born and raised in England and I was raised primarily in America. We haven't had any real culture issues until we began TTC. I like vintage names and names that are recognizable but not popular. He likes Jennifer. He thinks it's unique, as he has never met one. I think it's dated, as it was one of the most popular names of the '70s and '80s here in the States. Is Genevieve a good compromise? They could both theoretically be called Jenny/Genny (although I think I prefer the nn Evie). Do you have any other suggestions?

I think Genevieve is a great choice, here is a list of names related to Jennifer according to wikipedia

English: Gaenor, Gaynor, Geneva, Gwenevere, Guenevere, Guinevere, Gwenovier, Jenny, Jenneigh, Jennie, Jen, Jeni, Jenni, Jenn, Jenifer, Jenniffer
    French: Guenièvre, Jennifair, Geneviève
    Italian: Ginevra
    Polish: Genowefa, Genia, Gena, Żenia, Żaneta, Ginewra, Żinewra
    Portuguese: Ginevra or Genebra
    Serbo-Croatian: Genoveva
    Spanish: Ginebra or Genebra
    Welsh: Gwenhwyfar

They have Genevieve on the list but I'm not sure it's right, I don't know much about most of those names but there are some nice sounding choices, I especially like Ginevra and Geneva
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

First I want to say that I find it fascinating that he has never met a Jennifer. Second, I do think Genevieve is a good compromise or even Jenna maybe.
    ~*~Ames~*~

Proud mommy of three beautiful girls:
    Delaney Brooke (6-27-05)
    Ryley Kate (4-16-07)
    Quinn Michaela (6-1-13)

Juniper! Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by tammylou View Post
    Juniper! Hands down.
    I second that