Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Love it. It's old-fashioned and yet charming and will grow with the child. Hattie is my favourite nickname.
    Erin, 14-year-old name nerd.

Elias | Caleb | Lucas | William | August | Reuben | Emmett | Jago | Finn
    Lydia | Adelaide | Emmeline | Violet | Rosalie | Eliza | Maeve | Saskia | Alice

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9815089

I really don't like it. I find it to be a very grating sound to the ears and I don't like feminised boys names, so this isn't for me.

Its not a bad name, though, if you know what I mean. Its classic, quite girly, and strong. I'd love to meet a little Harriet and I'd sure as hell rather be called Harriet than McMadysinn or something like that, its just not something I'd choose myself.

Grace, Early 20's and Bride-to-Be...Dreaming of Future Babies.

Lucy Primrose, Alice Juliette, Rose Charlotte, Madeline Sophie, Lillian Faye, Ivy Elena, Amélie Winter.
    Mae Seraphina nn Maisy, Phoebe Luna, Annabella Violet, Kate Susannah.
    Noah Samuel, Rory Joshua, Luca Gabriel, Isaac Beau, Louis Daniel, Henry Rowan, William Elliott, Roman Alexander.

It reminds me of the mom on Family Matters. I don't really have much of an opinion on the matter. I don't love it and I don't hate it. It's a name I would only think about if I hear/read it while on topic, then the next couple of minutes, I forgot about it.

● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ●

c a s p i a n .. oberon .. raphael .. solomon .. zephyrus

a m a r y l l i s .. chrysanthe .. isabeau .. lilias .. samara

• ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

Harriet isn't one of my favourite vintage names but I don't mind it. This is one of the few examples where I prefer the nickname (Hattie) more than the fuller name (Harriet). While Henrietta is posh and feminine, Harriet is her down-to-earth and hard-working cousin.
    Last edited by mischa; September 26th, 2012 at 02:01 PM.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love it. I think it's ugly-beautiful. Love that it contains old-man name Harry.
    Harriet Beecher Stowe! Harriet Tubman! And of course, Harriet the Spy!
    Hattie is adorable too.