Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Worse names for a sibset from Eastern Europe.

A family came forward for the first sib set and now we have another. Those names were cake compared to these.

I have some least favorite names in any culture - and these are them.:cry:

For girls - Mildred, Bertha, Eunice, Marge, Gertrude and Olga. The girl's name is Olga.

For boys Floyd, Cloyd, Elmer, Dwight, Norman and Oleg. His name is Oleg.

I don't really love any names beginning with an O. Olivia is tired to my ears as is Oliver. Never was much of a fan of the wildly popular Olivia anyway. And now it's more popular than either of my children's names ever were - Connor and Chelsea never reached number one on any list.

So now there are two to be named that must - to me - sound good together. This time is worse than the last and 2 makes it more difficult than three.

Does anyone have the patients to help me this time around?

Oh even in their homeland hardly anyone under 60 is named Oleg. Olga is getting rare also.

I don't understand the question? Alternative names for Olga & Oleg that travel well in Eastern Europe & 'go' with Conner & Chelsea?

Olga nicknames as Olya or Olia in Russian so something like Holly would probably feel familiar enough. Maybe even Dahlia.

Oleg could easily become Alec or maybe Alex/Alexander?

I think Holly & Alec match up pretty well with the sibset & sound enough like an American pronunciation of the original names.

My husband is Russian so message me if you have any specific questions

Their names are Olga and Oleg. Period. Don't like it? Well, honestly...too bad. And I'm saying this as a prospective adoptive parent. You love your kids; their names shouldn't matter. They're already going to be losing their language, their homeland, their friends, their customs, everything and everyone they've ever loved. It's just sadistic to take their names as well.