Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Have you considered telling them about your love for Kit and asking if they would mind if you still used it or if you chose a name nn Kit? I think Kate would be a great sub for Kit but I really like Greer as well. Greer is nms but it's one of those names I would love to see on someone else's child.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

I'm so sorry to hear that you won't be able to use Kit! : / You've got some great options on your list already!
    Just a couple comments:
    I am one of those who doesn't understand Greer as a girls name, but if you love it, you should just use it! With that said, I think it might be a little odd to have a girl named Greer and a boy named Arlo. Arlo has a nice, soft sound to it and is not as strong as Greer.

I think you might like the name Bronte. The common pronunciation on name sites is bron-tay, but I've also heard it bron-tee. Either way, I think it has the same vibe as Kit and Greer, but would go better with Arlo because of the more feminine ending.

Quote Originally Posted by gemoz View Post
    Ahh... You are totally on my style! Thanks for the name suggestion. I love the name Bronte but it's my close cousin's name and I would not use it for that reason. But you've certainly picked well to me tastes! Thanks for trying.
    Alright, good! I'll keep thinking then.

More ideas:
    Wren
    Annika
    Lark
    Neva
    Dacey
    Selby
    Etta
    Jessamyn
    Cosette
    Linnet
    Rylant
    Tess
    Toby (maybe October nn Toby?)
    Vinnie

Not all of these are quite the right style (in my mind) but I figured I'd include them just in case.

EDIT:
    I forgot Sloane and Blair!
    Last edited by sunshine.10; September 24th, 2012 at 08:23 PM.

I like Greer! I think it is very flexible in that it can work for a lawyer or a poet or a teacher.
    If you are looking for some new suggestions what about
    Shea
    Mona
    Sloane
    Quinn
    Darby
    Blair