Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Jessica Alba's baby really didn't get much attention so I don't see her being any influence. I really liked Hayden until the girls took it over. Haven is a nice, non-trendy alternative

I think Jaden and Aidan sound more feminine than Haven

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Blaise
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden

I don't think Haven sounds all that girly, really. This is just speculation, but I'm guessing the reason Haven is more popular with girls is because it sounds similar to Heaven, and because of the overt popularity of Nevaeh, it only seems "natural" to lump Haven in with the other "heavenly" names.

But, like maggiemary said previously, Haven in essence is a word name, so it doesn't seem to have an ultra-defined gender to me. I say go for it!
    ~Favorites of the moment~

Girls: Sonya, Caroline, Sakura, Carmilla, Terra
    Boys: Conrad, Fain, Marcelo, Serge, Isidoro

Vote on my name list!

My first thought is yes, it is too feminine. But, it is a word name that *should* be gender-neutral. I just think you're right to worry that there will be other little Havens you'll encounter, all of whom other than your son will be girls. This name seems a little tease-worthy to me. I'd be concerned about that.

What about another word name that has a similar meaning? I'm currently planning on naming our first son Harbor (if I can get DH on board, hehe).
    Two pink lines means we're now planning and not just dreaming of names! First babe, due 4/17.

Mattias Leo, Leander James, Joakim Rhys, Macsen George
    Arietta June, Leonora Pearl, Felicity Catherine, Elowen Mae

I think it is way too girly..it is a girl name to me

Quote Originally Posted by littlemrsb View Post
    My first thought is yes, it is too feminine. But, it is a word name that *should* be gender-neutral. I just think you're right to worry that there will be other little Havens you'll encounter, all of whom other than your son will be girls. This name seems a little tease-worthy to me. I'd be concerned about that.

What about another word name that has a similar meaning? I'm currently planning on naming our first son Harbor (if I can get DH on board, hehe).
    agree with above poster
    Natacha - mother to Geneva Simone and Marlena Carys
    a site that surveys people with the same name.

Current Favs:
    Boys: Archer Sloan or Merrick
    Girls: Indira Maren or Sloan