Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is Haven too girly for a boy?

We only have a couple months left until our little one arrives. My DH and I are having the hardest time deciding on a name. We have a long long list of possibilities, but the only one I keep going back to is Haven. Dare I say I have fallen in love with the name?
    My concern, though, is that I am afraid that Haven has started to rise in popularity as a girl's name (possibly because of Jessica Alba naming her youngest daughter Haven?). I am not against unisex names, but I am also not sure that I want our little guy to have to deal with other Havens in his classes that are girls. Is this something I should be concerned about? Or should I just get over it and let the name become his own and not worry about Haven being too "girly" of a name for our little boy? Please let me know what you think!

I like it. Makes me think of CK Dexter Haven, Cary Grant's character from The Philadelphia Story. What's more manly than Cary Grant? And his name was Cary! That said, he had Grant butching up his name, and CK Dexter Haven had Dexter. So maybe a middle name with some bite to it would help Haven along.
    Haven Dexter
    Haven Atticus,
    Haven Charles
    Haven Maxwell
    Haven Beau
    Haven Wilder
    Haven Thomas
    Haven Stone

I like it.

Haven is a word name, so in effect, doesn't have a defined gender.
    ♥ Margaret Mary ♥
    19. Name nerd. College sophomore.

~ Eliza Josephine ~ Esther Christabel ~ Harriet Aurelia ~ Mary Jessamine ~ Rose Georgina ~ Sarah Margaret ~
    ~ Asher Benedict ~ Gabriel Walter ~ John Constantine ~ Noah August ~ Reuben Alexander ~ Samuel Ernest ~

I consider it a girl's name. I've only heard it on girls in real life and the only male I've ever heard with the name is Angelina Jolie's creepy brother (which isn't a good association) and even then, Haven is his middle name.

It is unisex, but when I see it I think of Heaven so if that is ok, than it seems fine.