Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by littlemrsb View Post
    What about another word name that has a similar meaning? I'm currently planning on naming our first son Harbor (if I can get DH on board, hehe).
    Funny you find Harbor more boy appropriate than Haven, since Harbor on my girl list. It's OK for a boy too but it's a lot softer than Haven IMO

Fox * Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Greer * Arden
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Blaise * Linden

Quote Originally Posted by littlemrsb View Post
    Ha! Me, too! I'm so into nicknames that I almost nixed it for that reason. No real way to shorten it, but knowing how I tend to refer to people, I'll probably gravitate toward "Harbs" when talking to him at home. Not the cutest nickname, so it wouldn't be used publicly. But I'm starting to think that a nickname-less name is okay.

But, what sort of a cute nn are you envisioning for Haven?
    I thought of Harb or Harbie, but neither of which I was that fond of either! For Haven, I thought Have or Havie would be cute. Or even maybe Venny, but we are in the south and that might sound too Jersey for us.

NO! I always thought Haven was so masculine
    Current Favorite Names
    ♀ Monet | Monroe | Celsius (MN) | Malachi | Chai | Iowa
    ♂ Celsius (MN) | Monroe | Andrew

"Cat Mom" to: Tiger Lilly Jane

My youngest sister's name is Haven, and my mom thought of it as all-girl despite my respectful protests. I adore my little sister, but I still like Haven for a boy. As far as I can tell, it came into usage as a first name fairly recently, and for boys.
    I know of two male Havens in a local town. One is twenty-something, a twin to Hunter, and played the drums in his high school band; the other is probably a teenager.

So there it is. You'll have some people who will think "girl," and some who won't. Personally, it makes me smile with happiness every time I hear of a boy Haven! yes, even Angelina Jolie's creepy brother. James Haven--I love his name!
    Congratulations and best wishes!

P.S. It has literary cred, too--Haven is the father's name in "A Day No Pigs Would Die."
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Another P.S.--what about Harry as a nickname for Harbor?
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet