Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tavish?

Tavish?

What do you think... I just came across it and I REALLY like it!

Re: Tavish?

I've never heard it before, and am happy to learn that it's the Scottish form of Thomas. I think it's really interesting, as well as handsome.

(My first reaction was honestly "Huh?" but I've been looking at it and saying it for a minute or so, and it's growing on me.) :-)

Take care!

I'm still stuck on the "Huh?" part...

I don't know if you need further opinion- it's been a while, but we came across the name Tavish months ago & have found nothing we like more. I do know it's unusual, but it's in the "Baby Name Wizard" book as an "Exotic Traditional"- a name exotic for America, but traditional in Scotland, and would do well in the US if only people would use it. I also contacted a guy named Tavish (I found him online) and asked him his opinion of his name & overall he really likes it. I've looked & looked for a name I like more, but I cringe when I think of giving my son a name like "David" or "Steve". Our son's name will be Tavish Gabriel. I like it! (My sister's name is Samara, and we all got use to that, so I think he'll grow into the name & everyone else will get use to "Tavish" too.) If he has a brother in the future, we'll likely go with Malachy or Tristan, and if he has a sister, her name will be Sullivan.

I have 3 friends who are all sisters- their kid's names are as follows;
    Vienna, Sage, Brewer, Bryn, Weston, Marina and Grayson. Then my other friends had two kids- Ayden & Coco. Unusual is the norm now! :)

I like Tavish a lot. Wonderful sound. I think the v in the middle is exotic and lovely. I would have it on my list too except that it means "twin" and I am insistent on special meanings. If that element doesn't both you, I'd jump all over it!