Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WALDEN... Need insight/reassurance

I am so in love with this name for personal reasons. But I have some fears and need some name berry support.

No offense to those that do, but I dislike the Jayden, Caden, Aiden etc trend. Walden ends in -en. Do people perceive Walden as part of that trend?

Also, my last name starts with W. I never thought I'd marry into a W surname, but these alliterative names arent passé...right?

And finally, nicknmes other than Wally and Denny. Any suggestions?

Personally I don't mind alliteration but I do think Walden not only fits the Jayden trend but the hipster one as well, if you're ok with it then use it, it's nms but if I was in your position I would use a name I loved regardless.
    Josephine Athénaïs - Josephine Ivy - Myriam Athénaïs - Vivienne Josephine
    Athena Beatrice - Beatrice Cecile - Eleanor Anne-Sophie -Myriam Beatrice - Meredith Elizabeth
    Ambrose Aristide - Ulysses Aristide

Girls: Bérangère, Bérénice, Honorine, Mazarine Boys: Augustin, Emeric, Hugo, Lambert, Lucien, Maxence, Yves

I don't see Walden as part of the Jayden/Aiden trend at all. It's strongly associated with Thoreau for me, so it strikes me as very literal, but I think it's doable, and it has a very handsome sound. I have a baby cousin named Nova and all I could think about at first was the TV show with Carl Sagan, but now it's just her name and it suits her. Sometimes alliterative names are great. Look at Walt Whitman! I think that if your last name rhymes in other ways it might be awkward- like "Walden Wilson, Walden Wallace.." Most important thing is that you're in love with the name! Nicknames...
    Waldo
    Den
    Wald
    Walt
    Wade
    Wallawalla when you're feeling silly
    Dubya (just kidding)
    something that combines Den with the beginning of his middle name?

Quote Originally Posted by thetxbelle View Post
    Personally I don't mind alliteration but I do think Walden not only fits the Jayden trend but the hipster one as well, if you're ok with it then use it, it's nms but if I was in your position I would use a name I loved regardless.
    My exact thought.
    CONSTRUCTION ZONE!!!
    maybe Endora, Dexter, Gideon & Lorelei
    Newlywed (Not TTC...yet)

I personally don't think Walden fits in with the popular "aiden" names at all, and is definitely more in the 'uncommon but not unusual' category. To me it conjures up the nature vibes of Thoreau's great work. Pop culture reference in case you don't know of it... Walden is the name of Ashton Kutcher's character on the new Two and a Half Men so that might make it more popular/accessible in the coming year. I also don't see the alliteration being an issue especially if the beginning of your last name doesn't have the same 'Wal' sound (though I would maybe advise against using an O name middle... WOW lol). If you were too concerned about it however you could possibly consider the shorter Alden as a choice. That could also be used as a nn as could Al/Ali, Walen, Lenny, or Dewey. =]