Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Steampunk Name Combos - Help!

Can you throw some creative Steampunk name combos at me? I want something intelligent, historical, Victorian, dark, mechanical, clerical, fussy, overwrought, industrial, scientific, metallic, fastidious, aristocratic, symphonic... Feel free to get really creative here. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with. Thanks Berries!

This should be interesting. I cannot wait either.

● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ●

c a s p i a n .. oberon .. raphael .. solomon .. zephyrus

a m a r y l l i s .. chrysanthe .. isabeau .. lilias .. samara

• ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

Ada Iphigenia
    Alexandrina Belphoebe - Alexandrina was Victoria's original first name. Belphoebe is a character from Spenser's Faerie Queene which was written for Elizabeth I. Belphoebe would literally mean "beautiful moon."
    Vivien Enid - Big Victorian/Pre-Raphaelite fascination with Arthurian legend made me think of this. Vivien is the spelling in Tennyson.
    Isolde Jerusha
    Rosamund Xantippe
    Luna Phalène Metalmark (entomologist's daughter, perhaps... phalène is French for moth, Metalmark is a type of butterfly, Luna is a moth...)
    Roxelana - An antiquated form of Roxana
    Theodosia Tamar Thomasin - The Edwardian craze for alliteration and assonance works well with steampunk. This was the first example I came up with but most letters have some gems.
    Ysabelot/Belsante/Sabelina - Too dumb to come up with anymore combos, but these are all medieval forms of Elizabeth/Isabel actually. Lost spins on still-used classic names feel very steampunk to me.

I didn't make up any names. Is this sort of what you were thinking of, or am I way off track? If I am, I apologize. If I'm good, I'll come back with ideas for boy combos later.

Quote Originally Posted by stripedsocks View Post
    Ada Iphigenia
    Alexandrina Belphoebe - Alexandrina was Victoria's original first name. Belphoebe is a character from Spenser's Faerie Queene which was written for Elizabeth I. Belphoebe would literally mean "beautiful moon."
    Vivien Enid - Big Victorian/Pre-Raphaelite fascination with Arthurian legend made me think of this. Vivien is the spelling in Tennyson.
    Isolde Jerusha
    Rosamund Xantippe
    Luna Phalène Metalmark (entomologist's daughter, perhaps... phalène is French for moth, Metalmark is a type of butterfly, Luna is a moth...)
    Roxelana - An antiquated form of Roxana
    Theodosia Tamar Thomasin - The Edwardian craze for alliteration and assonance works well with steampunk. This was the first example I came up with but most letters have some gems.
    Ysabelot/Belsante/Sabelina - Too dumb to come up with anymore combos, but these are all medieval forms of Elizabeth/Isabel actually. Lost spins on still-used classic names feel very steampunk to me.

I didn't make up any names. Is this sort of what you were thinking of, or am I way off track? If I am, I apologize. If I'm good, I'll come back with ideas for boy combos later.
    Literally drooling. You're a steampunk genius! I'm definitely watching this thread... will maybe come back with a few of my own.
    contemplating combos:
    August David Dodge · August Henry Dodge · Barnaby Viggo Paul · Barnaby Atlas Paul
    Leona Vesper Lynn · Vivian Lillie Revere · Florence Patricia Mae · Zelda Katherine Rose

I'll take a stab, Steampunk names are fun!

Zola Mehitable
    Pansy Minerva Apollonia
    Hepsibah Hekate Henriette
    Walpurgis Electa
    Constantia Daisy Fleur
    Persis Druzilla
    Artemas Foxglove
    Sylva Daffodil Circe

Twins?
    Minnie Franziska
    Flossie Isadora

Dorian Basil Doyle