Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Honest Thoughts On These Names?

There are some names that haven't quite made it high on my list, but I do love them. I've been rethinking their placement on my list lately and would love some honest opinions on them.

Boys
    August
    Bennett
    Julian
    Wesley

Girls
    Annika
    Xenia
    Sylvie
    Rosalie
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Lilith Seraphine ~ Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys

Boys
    I really love August, Bennett and Julian. I’d be most likely to use August in RL the other two are not on my top list for personal association/tri-lingual pronunciation issues reasons. But I’d recommend all three - they are all solid, handsome names with great history without being “too” traditional.
    Wesley - the only good association I have with this name is “Princess Bride”. Actually it’s the only thing I feel it has going for it - otherwise I find it a bit blasé.

Girls
    Annika and Xenia are not my style. I like the feel and history behind Xenia but it’s too close to Xena and while I realize your child’s peers will most likely not be familiar with the show I’d personally decide against it. (I tend to find X starting names a little difficult as they always feel overly trendy and trying to be modern to me - even when they are not).
    Sylvie and Rosalie - are both lovely. I prefer Sylvia to Sylvie. I really like Rosalie, it’s one of my favorite actual rose names though as I prefer Penrose it will probably not make my list anytime soon.
    Endora & Lorelei
    trying to narrow down.....Dexter, Victor, Gideon, Hendrik, Oberon, Cedric
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)]

Boys
    August-Love it! Has the same feel as Atticus, but a little rarer.
    Bennett-Reminds me of Pride and Prejudice, so naturally one of my favs!
    Julian-All I think is the lemur king in Madagascar...Love the name and the monkey, so I like it!
    Wesley-Don't much care for this one, feels a bit used to me.

Girls
    Annika-really like it. It is sweet with the A ending, classic with the Ann, and spunky all together.
    Xenia-Not rally a fan of X names, but this one is ok.
    Sylvie-I like Sylvia or Cecily better and using Sylvie as a nickname.
    Rosalie-Something about Rosalie that I'm not crazy about. Cute, but a little too sweet maybe? Still a really cute name!

Good names all together, but August, Bennett, and Annika are my favorites.

All of your boy names are on my list and they're all long time favourites. I can't ever use Wesley because it's been used in my family but I'd use the other three in a heartbeat!

As for your girls names, I only really like Rosalie. I've never liked Sylvie or Sylvia (makes me think of saliva..). I don't really have reasons for disliking Xenia or Annika..
    les filles ~ Constance Elowen Fiona Georgia Hazel Ivy Juneau Magnolia Pearl Viola

les garçons ~ August Frederick Hugo Isaac Jude Lincoln Magnus Otis Rhys Theodore

August: I think Augustus sounds softer and I prefer this name, although August is alright.
    Bennett: I've only ever known this name to be a surname, so I can't really picture it as a Christian name. Although if I met a Bennett, I'm sure my opinion would change.
    Julian: I like it! I think Jules/Jools would be a cool nickname for Julian.
    Wesley: Like Bennett, I can only picture this as a surname.

Annika: I like it. It has a rather exotic feel to it, yet it also feels cute on a child but wearble on an adult too.
    Xenia: I have mixed reviews on this one. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't.
    Sylvie: I often think of my mother's friend from France when I hear this name. I've never met her, but my mother often tells stories about her and she sends us Christmas cards sometimes. It's alright, although I prefer Silvia. I guess that if I ever met my mother's friend, I would form a more solid opinion on the name.
    Rosalie: It's alright, although it's not really my style.
    I'm a Teenberry who is mad about names, royals & history. Not expecting, just collecting.

Adelina Sophia ♕ Magdalena Élisabeth ♕ Isla Aveline
    Leo Xavier ♕ Alexander George ♕ Thomas Archie

Lists: Girls names, Boys names and Combinations!

Crushes: Joy, Beline, Emiliana, Melusine, Désirée, Amadeus, Tristan, Octavius and Joshua
    GP Crushes: Holiday, Cherish, Ludovico and Zadok