Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

"Out there" names you actually like?

I recently saw the name Wildflower nicknamed Wiley suggested on another site and was so intrigued! I'd never use the name myself but would love to see it used. Does any one here have an "out there" name they secretly like?
    Devin | 24 | Married | Illustrator | US
    Currently TTC
    Momma of furbabies and collector of names
    Manga♥Video Games♥Art

Top Combos
    Fox ThomasRhys VaughnLinden Blue
    Aria EstelliseElowen Saoirse Odette Josephine

Crushes
    Saoirse "CeCe"
    Linden "Lin"
    ● Jane
    ● Zelda
    ● Felix
    ● Freya

Off the top of my head…
    Cinderella, Cendrillon: they are the same thing. I love both, though I slightly prefer Cinderella. I wouldn’t use a nn for Cinderella, but maybe Lola for Cendrillon?

Rosethorn: I do believe this name is ready for the world! It gives off a wonderful medieval vibe. It sounds strong and memorable without being too weird, yet it has the standard and cute nickname, Rosie.

Neptune: for a girl. Name of a female character from a videogame that I never played, but the trailer was enough for me to fall in love with Neptune. Nep is SO cute!

And my greatest secret: Canário for a girl. Canário is the word for canary in Portuguese, a language in which word names aren’t common, and Canário is above all an animal name (it’s like.... unthinkable as a human name). I don’t see myself ever using Canário in real life (we also don’t have the mn tradition), so it stays as a guilty pleasure.

Wildflower is… interesting. I don’t particularly like or dislike it. I see it as unisex, the “Wild” part and the nn Wiley as more masculine and the “flower” part as feminine.
    ~ Just having fun ~

Canaan is at the top of my list, which is pretty out there

I also secretly like Independence nn Indie as well as some planet names for boys like Jupiter and Neptune! I've also had a soft spot for Aersen (pronounced like AIR-sen) and Storm and Blaze!
    Boys
    Franklin Zachary Carter | Shepherd Donovan Jude | Canaan Samuel Pierce | Vincent Archer Grey | Jameson Oliver Graham
    Girls
    Sheridan Hollis Brooke | Harper Elyse Monet | Emerson Olivia Clare
    | Monroe Indie June | Drew Sophia Elaine

Misc.
    Independence | Jupiter | Blaze | River | Liberty | Jordan | Everett | Estelle | Valerie | Gabriel | Anthony | Maddox

I actually met a girl at work named Cinderella! She wore the name well and seemed to really enjoy her name. I thought all I would think was Disney but it was pretty easy to put that association aside and just see it as her name.

Rosethorn would be an interesting choice, I like the mix of gentleness with a tougher edge. I'm a little tired of Rose on girls (very common here) but I actually like Rose on a boy!
    Devin | 24 | Married | Illustrator | US
    Currently TTC
    Momma of furbabies and collector of names
    Manga♥Video Games♥Art

Top Combos
    Fox ThomasRhys VaughnLinden Blue
    Aria EstelliseElowen Saoirse Odette Josephine

Crushes
    Saoirse "CeCe"
    Linden "Lin"
    ● Jane
    ● Zelda
    ● Felix
    ● Freya

Bamboo: It's not a secret. Everyone knows that I intend to use it; mn only but will be the name he's called.

I love Brave & Fox for girls but they're too much to carry (as a fn).

I like Wildflower but for a boy I like Wildwood or Wildfire better

Fox * Rohan * Jade * Shea * Eden * Blaise * Greer
    Lotus * Noor * Tallulah * Jasper * Linden * Arden