Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cool Opinions of these names?

What do you think?

Cyra- I like the sigh-ruh pronunciation, but do you guys like Syrah better?
    Zella- Does this sound made-up? I believe it is African in origin.
    Zelina- Too much like Selina/Selena? I don't like that.
    Stele- It's stell-lee. Alternative to trendy Stella?
    Poppy- Too childish?

Just wanted to see other people's opinions.
    A writer and a student. Just another berry, probably under-ripe.

(\__/)
    ( o.o ) Helping Bunny to world dominance.
    ( >< )

Cyra -- I think Syrah or sigh-ruh is gorgeous! One of my favorite new names. It's really pretty.
    Zella -- For some reason I don't like this one. Yes, it sounds made up, like trying too hard to be distinctive, because Ella and Isabella are mega-popular, and then if you call a kid Zella it makes it sound like you are purposely trying to be trendy and different, which, with a name like Zella, isn't the best vibe.
    Zelina -- For some reason, I'm not feeling this name either. Yes, it resembles Selena. I am not a big fan of Selena/Selina either! I really like the name Celine, though. Zeline would be VERY rare and interesting.
    Stele -- Very interesting, but Stell-lee sounds like a nickname for Stella. It's really cool though, but yeah, a bit nicknamey. I like Stelle, or Estelle too as alternatives to Stella. Stella is a really nice name though.
    Poppy -- I didn't think it was too childish before I came across Nameberry. I really like Poppy and think it would be okay. There is no reason not to use it. Poppy may suit a little girl best, but I can see it on a teenager and even on a woman (especially on a young woman & an elderly woman). It works for me!

I hope this helped.

I don't like Poppy at all. Stele looks/sounds made up. I'd use Stella if you like it. Not a fan of Zelina, but do like Celine, as another poster mentioned.

Zella is my favorite of the names you mentioned.

I like Cyra (spelled this way) but none of the others...

Poppy is ok.. but i dont think it ages well
    boys names drive me crazy!

I quite like Zella; doesn't sound made-up to me at all, although I recall one day it popped into my head while I was trying to think of a Z name for something, and I thought it sounded neat.

Not really a fan of the sigh-ruh pronunciation with Cyra, my mind insists on saying seer-rah, like a feminine version of Cyril. My mind can only register Stele as an awkward spelling of Steel(e), Zelina is okay, but Poppy just drives me nuts.
    ~Favorites of the moment~

Girls: Sonya, Caroline, Sakura, Carmilla, Terra
    Boys: Conrad, Fain, Marcelo, Serge, Isidoro

Vote on my name list!