Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

I had an idea...a bit long

I really want to have another baby (and am REALLY hoping to join team blue). My SO and I never agreed on boy names (it's a good thing the first two were girls because otherwise they would have been named Baby Boy...lol). But anyway, I am trying to make a new boy list.

My grandpa (I call him Poppy) has always been very important to me, he and I have always been two peas in a pod. I'd love to name a son after him but I don't like his name. He doesn't like it either (my Gram wanted to name their son a junior and he was NOT having it...lol). His name is Melvin but he mostly goes by Mel. My children have a surname that starts with L...so I thought I could name a boy something with the initials M____ E___ L___ to honor him without having to use his name (clearly this won't work for another daughter as she will probably get marrried and change her surname some day).

Here is my problem with this...I have no M names that strike my fancy.

OUT because of use:
    Michael
    Matt-names
    Mitchell

Out because I don't like:
    Mordecai
    Max-names (I don't DISLIKE Max...it's just not for me)

Probaby can't get SO on board with:
    Malcom
    Malachai
    Macauley (which makes me sad because I really like this one. LOVE nn Mac)
    Micah

Basically what I need is for you Berries to dig into your name depths to give me a list of your best boy M names.

**I'm not looking at the E names yet because if I can't settle on an M name, then I won't need an E name.
    ~*~Ames~*~

Proud mommy of three beautiful girls:
    Delaney Brooke (6-27-05)
    Ryley Kate (4-16-07)
    Quinn Michaela (6-1-13)

Would Mack on its own not work for you? The first "M" name that came to mind was Murphy. I think Murphy would be great with sisters Delaney and Ryley.

Murphy
    Monroe
    Maddox
    Merritt
    Merrick
    Murray
    Magnus
    Mercer
    Macsen
    Marshall
    Last edited by southern.maple; September 20th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
    Emily • Nineteen • United States
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James Alexander
    ♀ | Jane Anne Helen Caroline Phoebe Georgia Gwen Sylvie

Maybe one of these will do the trick.

Marc / Mark
    Marcus
    Marco
    Marshall
    Martin
    Mason
    Micah
    Miles / Milo
    Montague
    Moss

(I like Marcus Evan L_____ the best)
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell, Sonia, Talia, Leonie

Aww, that's cute. My first idea was Micah, it would be lovely if he would agree to it, and I think Delaney, Ryley, and Micah would be great together.

If not, what about:

Milo/Miles
    Moses
    McKinley (I think a Mac name would be adorable! I love Mackenzie, but I think that'd just be confusing, since Delaney and Ryley are unisex)
    Maddox
    Magnus (although I think this is a bit out of style with your girls, I think you could use Mac as a nn as a stretch...)
    Maguire (nn Mac?)
    Marcus
    Marius
    Meyer
    Merritt
    Merrick/Marek
    Mercer (sort of has the same feel of Spencer to me, which I know you love)
    Miller
    Monroe/Munro
    Murphy
    Murray
    Malik (although this might be a bit ethnic next to Delaney and Ryley?)

Good luck! Hopefully something will strike your fancy.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

Love the suggestion of Murphy, I also love Maury
    Miller, Myron, Malcolm, Marcel, Marland, Mason, Morley, Morrisey.

Also second the suggestions Merrick, Merritt, Magnus, Mercer and Monroe which I like better a Munro. Monty can also be pretty cool, maybe as Montgomery?
    Åshild / Norwegian / 24 / Name Collector / Work: Daycare and the Library / Love to bake, read and listen to music

Emerence + Eulalie + Everild + Flora + Helena + Leonor + Louisa + Nimue + Ophelia + Rosalind
    Balthasar + Edmund + Emmanuel + Emrys + Ignatius + Isidor + Leonidas + Oberon + Valentine

Want to help me with my lists?
    GIRLS
    BOYS

Bloom + Blythe + Evening + Mercy + Vesper + Briar + Boone + Forest + Hawthorn + Prosper