Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

first name for mn Walker

Hello all! I was looking for some help for a first name to go with the middle name Walker. We are 100% sure we want Walker since it has a personal family connection We have a few ideas but are not too sure on any of them! Any suggestions would be appreciated Our ideas so far are: Weston, Oliver, Archer, Lincoln, Theodore and Jackson. Theodore is my favorite so far and Jackson is my husbands. I actually like the name Jackson but I know three boys given this name in the last few months! My husband and I both like Archer but since both names end in "er" I'm not sure :/ Help please!!

Congratulations on your little man!

Firstly, a first name with the ending -er will not work when paired with Walker. It turns the name into a rhyme. Therefore, Oliver and Archer are out.

I would also avoid the double W alliteration, thus eliminating Weston.

That leaves Lincoln, Theodore and Jackson. You are absolutely, 100% correct that every little boy nowadays is named Jackson. I think they've passed a law in several states mandating it. It's a fine name, presidential in keeping with Theodore and Lincoln, but so overused that your son most certainly will share his name with several other little boys in whatever cohort he chooses to join.

Lincoln and Theodore are both fantastic. The Teddy nickname is sweet for a little boy, and he can grown into Theo when he's older. Lincoln, on the other hand, is much less common and comes with the zippy nickname Linc. Both Lincoln and Theodore flow very well with Walker; I would classify Lincoln Walker as a little more cool than Theodore Walker, which feels formal and distinguished. Therefore I'd say, select the name based on which image you prefer for your son (laid-back and cool v. distinguished).
    Blade, MD

XY: Antoine Raphael
    XX: Cassia Viviane Noor

Aurea * Emmanuelle * Endellion * Fleur * Jacinda * Lysandra * Melisande * Myrrine * Rosamond * Seraphine * Sylvana * Thea * Verity / Blaise * Cyprian * Evander * Jules * Laurence * Lionel * Malcolm * Marius * Quentin * Rainier

كنوز الصحراء الشرقية Hayat _ Qamar _ Sahar _ Maysan _ Farah / Altair _ Fahd _ Faraj _ Khalil _ Tariq

My 2 votes are Lincoln Walker and Theodore Walker. Lincoln slightly ahead. I do like Archer and Oliver, but agree with blade, that they don't work with Walker. And I LOVE the name Jackson, but if you already feel like it's too popular, I would nix it.

I ditto Blade's analysis, esp. regarding -er names like Oliver and Archer. I don't mind the alliterative Weston Walker, but I admit that Theodore and Lincoln are more appealing to me. Ranked at #178, Lincoln is actually more used right now (Theodore isn't far below in the 230s), but I don't think you'll have much trouble with overuse of either. I love the nicknames that both offer: Linc or Cole for Lincoln (I prefer Cole), and Ted/Theo/Tad/Bear/Tory for Theodore. I guess the only thing that sets the apart is their style: Lincoln feels more rugged, rough-and-tumble, and a touch newer while Theodore has a more distinguished, antique feel for me.

thanks ladies!! I agree that Lincoln and Theodore are the best of the list!! Now I just have to see what the hubby says