Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Names others seem to like but that you hate

What are names others seem to like (on this site or in general), but you think sound terrible?

For me it's Oscar (always think of Oscar the grouch), Olive (don't like olives), Oliver (too close to Olive) and Jasper (sounds unpleasant).

I love Oscar, Olive, and Oliver, haha!

Erm, some that I just don't see the appeal of at all:

Maeve
    Mabel (maybe I just don't like Mae names! lol)
    Susannah
    Vivienne/Penelope (I like them in the respect that I can see their appeal and I think they're lovely, but I would never use them personally, and I don't think they have the "pretty" appeal that so many of my other favorites do)
    Gideon (great Bible character; I don't see the appeal in the name at all, though!)
    Malachi (it just seems so harsh to me!)
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Eleni + Grace + Audrey + Eva + Catherine + Tess + Zoe
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Zane + Brody + Declan + Caspar + Grant + Rory + Thomas + Peter

I agree about Malachi (too harsh) and Mabel (sounds too much like an old lady name to me).

Always a fun topic : D.

I agree with original poster about Olive.

I like all the names Ash doesn't : D.

Logan is the one boys' name I just can't explain my distaste for. Totally irrational, no reason. Just when I hear it, I don't like it. It's a perfectly reasonable pick though.

Millie gets a lot of love on here and I also just really can't feel it. Again, no real reason though.

Ruby and Vivienne. Everyone loves them but I don't see the appeal...at all.
    Loving: Lilith Delphine, Daphne Elisabeth, Eleanor Lilac and my GP Amaryllis Clio
    William Dougal, Rupert Theodore and my GP Augustin Sage

Celestia, Opal, Agatha, Mabel, Delphine, Lilith, Magnolia, Eleanor, Olympia, Harriet, Daphne, Nora, Tabitha, Lilac, Saffron, Wilhelmina, Clio, Amaryllis
    Vaughn, Sterling, Samson, Sage, Rupert, Hugo, August, Stellan, Dougal, Sydney, Theodore, William