Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    PS Rebecca and Rachel are two more I'd add to the Amy-Amanda-Laura-Diana bucket (i.e. names with features of classics that were "overused" for the current generation of moms and have subsequently become somewhat less popular, but still feel grounded enough to not be "mom names").

I wonder if @pam and @linda can come up with a better name for this category?

Maybe "useable mom names" and I do think there's a subsequent "useable dad names" category, that I'd put Gregory in for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfoot View Post
    Mary is one of the oldest classics in the book, and It's been on the decline. I knew a very cute little girl named Mary years ago an it was so sweet on her. It's less common than you'd think. At least it is where I live.
    I agree with this. I know one little Mary and when I heard her name I broke out into a huge smile......it is a beautiful classic that you just don't hear that often (at least in my area -- I never hear it!)

I would like to reiterate the love of Jessica. It is lovely. In 30 years, the trendy 80s Jessicas will be classic Grandmothers.

I also think the same applies to the name Mary. It is lovely too.

Dian(n)e is a classic that is pleasantly familiar, yet surprisingly uncommon at this point in time. It's also a name with a pedigree. For example, Diane de Poitiers (1499-1566) was a French noblewoman who lived at the apex of the French Renaissance. Diane was the French spelling, but Dianne is preferred in English due to the short "a" sound in the name, requiring two n's, just like Anne.

Erica is another one that I would say is a lovely classic. Like Dianne, it combines a timeless heritage with a new-again quality.