Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP! Middle name dilemma

Hi Berries, I'm trying to choose a middle name and am having some trouble. My husband and I have decided on the first name Grayson. He is giving me full authority on the middle name. So..... do I choose the middle name James which is my father's name, my grandfathers name, my great-great grandfathers name and my hubs middle name? Or do I choose Michael which is my hubs name and my hubs fathers name? I'll throw in this caveat: we do not get along with his fathers side so choosing Michael wouldn't be to honor his father - it would be to honor my hubs. My gut says to choose James since it has such a long history with my family but didn't know if Michael maybe sounded better with Grayson? I will also add that our last name is one syllable. What do you all think?

Grayson James H
    Grayson Michael H
    Last edited by tx77433; September 17th, 2012 at 10:16 AM.

I think both Grayson James and Grayson Michael are fabulous. My inclination would be to use Grayson James, since it honors your husband, as well, but I do think Grayson Michael is less "AY" heavy. Although I think the 2-1 flow of Grayson James works really well, better than Grayson Michael. I don't think you could really go wrong, but there's more family significance with Grayson James, which would speak to me.

Good luck!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

I agree you have two great options. Grayson James is my mild preference but Grayson Michael works well. I think it sounds like Michael would be a great mn option for any future sons (or likewise if you go with Michael this time, James in the future makes sense).

Based just on sound & style, I think Grayson James works better. And, it's also got the better history and honors so many people in your life. I'd def. go with James.
    Stephanie Nicole
    Mother Of:
    Conor Alexander (2 in Jan)
    Cormac Sebastian (infant)
    Cordelia Janemarie (infant)

Thanks everyone! I'm still not on board 100% with Grayson but that's what the hubs likes.